Saturday, April 16, 2011

A Saturday by myself

Cobby had to work today, but that is no reason for me to waste my weekend right? Besides, I spent almost the whole week with Jolie as she was sick, so I really need some "ME" time! So after putting Jolie at my Mom's place as usual, I headed to Vivo City by myself. I was thinking if I should call some friends out, but I was too lazy.

First stop, Page One bookstore. I found this really good book in the library about bread and I really want to own it. Since it's a Chinese and English book, I know Page One is the best place to find it. When I got there, I was pleasantly surprised to find that they were having a sale on Jimmy Liao's books! I love Jimmy's works, but I was always hesitant to buy as I found them a little expensive. So after spending some time choosing, I decided on "The Sound of Colours". So happy!



Unfortunately, when I asked the information counter staff on my bread making book, they claimed that they didn't have stock. After wandering the store for awhile, feeling disappointed, a thought suddenly hit me. Having worked several years in retail and also dealing with systems and database, what has that taught me? Systems and database are rarely or never reliable. So I went to the bookshelf with all the cook books and guess what? I FOUND THE BOOK. It's quite amazing, there were so many books! How did I managed to find the book I have no idea. I just browsed for awhile and there it was, right in front of me.

I browsed the book store for awhile more, feeling very smug, before going for my tea break. The cafe was full, so I shared a sofa seat with a man who alone. After I've settled down, he just put on his sunglasses, prop up his feet and fell asleep! Maybe he felt more assured since there's someone here sharing his table. Haha...



Anyway, it's great as I got a comfy seat and a very quiet companion. Haha... It's just very funny as I was trying to open the plastic wrap of my Jimmy book. The stupid bookstore wrapped it up so tight, plus thick sticky tape wrapped around the book TWICE! My god, were they afraid that the pages would fall off or what??? So I was struggling to open the bloody plastic wrap and it was so noisy! SEESHA...SHESHHA... I feeling so frustrated and also stressed as I felt that I was disturbing my snoozing sofa-mate. I think he didn't mind. Haha...

So I just drank coffee, ate cheesecake, read my book and played with my phone until it was late afternoon. What a great way to spend a day out! So relaxing. :)

No comments: