Saturday, April 2, 2011

Picnic at Botanical Garden

Our time every weekend seemed to be fully occupied. On Saturdays, we'll put Jolie at my Mom's place while Cobby and I go "pak tor". On Sundays, Jolie goes to Cobby's Mom's place. So I was feeling a little guilty. Many young families I know would usually spend their weekends out with their kids, are we spending too little time with our little Princess, as a family? So one Saturday, after Jolie woke up from her nap, we headed out to Singapore Botanical Gardens for a little family day out.

It was freaking hot, so I was worried that maybe this was a bad idea. But we were stuck in a traffic jam for so long that when we finally did get there, it was already late afternoon and the sun was reduced to a beautiful golden hue over the trees. It's been so long since we've been there, I forgot how beautiful the place was!









We found a nice spot at grassy clearing and opened our picnic mat. It was such a picturesque scene! Families with children all around the grassy hills. Some parents lazed on their picnic mats while others played with ther kids or blew bubbles.



There was this beautiful tree next to where we were sitting, I loved how the giant branch hung low enough to sit on. The pattern on the bark was so gorgeous!



But we got off after taking the photo, as there were so many ants near the roots, so not romantic!

We bought some chicken wings and sweet pears for our picnic, so we settled down to munch 1st. I was feeling so relaxed that I laid down on the mat as I ate. Jolie saw and mimicked me by lying down next to me while she ate too. Hahaha... that girl!



After she had her fill, Jolie was off! We bought a ball along and she had a great time playing with her dad. The place was great as there was so much open space for her to just run around without us worrying. I actually bought a brand new bubble gun along, but I didn't realise that it needed batteries, so we couldn't play with it, DUH!



As I have said, it wasn't too hot as the sun was setting over the trees, but it also meant that it wasn't long before the sky started to darken and it was time to go for our dinner before heading home. Interestingly even as the sky was getting dark, there was still quite alot of people coming into the park. Anyway, eventhough it was short, it has been great fun. What a fun and economical way to spend an afternoon with your family, not forgetting healthier too! There were also a few young couples there, so romantic! Definitely better than wandering around aimlessly in a shopping centre too.

We should definitely do this again! :)

No comments: