Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day 2011

Mother's Day didn't start out how I wanted it to be. How wonderful it would be if on Mother's Day, a day to thank Mothers for their work everyday, that my husband would let me sleep late and make me breakfast in bed while he look after the kid. Instead, he had to sleep late because he stayed up whole night watching the election results. DUH... as if they won't be talking about it in every media possible in the next few days, or weeks to come.

Since he's slept only after 3am, it's impossible for him to take care of Jolie, so I had to wake up, wash and feed her while he sleeps. Oh well... I think we ate the bread I made the other day for breakfast, and we hung out at home until lunchtime before we move out for our Mother's Day lunch with my parents and Sis.

Since we were going to a nice restaurant, its a great opportunity to let Jolie wear her nice dress. Think she only wore it once or twice.



Sis booked a table at The Grand Shanghai restaurant. It's my first time there, and the food was quite good.





As usual, Jolie was running all over the place. I think, slowly, I'm learning to just go with the flow. If she's hungry, she'll eat. If not, just find other food for her somewhere else later. No used getting all pissed up about it. Anyway, she only ate abit before she dragged her Dad outside and ran about so much that she threw up. -_-" Sigh... Then she came back and ate some more before we left.

My parents and Sis helped watch Jolie while Cobby and I went for our salsa lessons. As usual, it was really fun and we felt so invigorated after the lesson. We went home to find Jolie still sleeping. We were supposed to go to MIL's place for dinner, but sis-in-law was still under the weather and MIL didn't have to mood to celebrate, so we didn't go to MIL's place that day.

Mom had already cooked some simple dinner, so we just ate there and went home after Jolie has taken her bath. A simple celebration. Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: