Monday, April 23, 2007

Last Last Weekend

14 April 2007, Saturday

Woke up bright and early on Saturday morning. We strolled across the road to Toa Payoh Blk 85B for a bak chor mee breakfast. It’s nice, personally I’m not crazy about it, but don’t tell him! ;)

I spent the next 2 hours at the neighborhood salon next to the coffee shop, coloring my dark roots in preparation for my photo shoot on the 22 April.

We’re supposed to go to a friend’s baby’s 1st birthday party, but I really didn’t want to go. It’s been so long since I went out with my hubs alone on a weekend. So I apologized for our absence, and we spent the day doing what we love to do.

We went on a movie marathon.
3.25pm – Wild Hogs
Starring John Travolta, Tim Allen, Martin Lawrence and William H Macy, it’s a funny show about a bunch of middle age men going on a road trip. It’s a light hearted movie and pretty enjoyable. Not much of a storyline, but I wasn’t expecting for one. J
2.5 out of 5 popcorns

6.35pm – The Shooter
My nose was in perpetual bleeding condition throughout the whole show. Reason? Mark Wahlberg. SLUUURP! Mark Wahlberg’s character as a snipper is super cool! Eye candy aside, the story is not much different from Matt Damon’s Bourne identity. (Another SLURP!) The government’s best of the best, betrayed by the government itself, comes back with a vengeance. So it’s obvious that between me and hubs, who enjoys the movie more.
3 out of 5 popcorns

9.15pm – The Reaping
Man this show is deep… Starring Hilary Swank, this eerie movie has a good mix of special effects, good cast and a storyline that makes you ponder after the show. (I like that) It delivers all the above without making the whole show too cheesy. To top it all off, there’s a twist at the end of the movie! I hate spoilers, so, go watch it yourself!
4 out of 5 popcorns
Look who we came across at Golden Village Cinema!
Shrek & family!


What a great day! Glad we didn’t go to the birthday party! It was abit late but we even change the bed sheets before we sleep. Fresh, clean sheets are so wonderful to sleep in! :)

15 April 2007, Sunday

I love Sundays… you get to wake up a little later, snuggle in the warm bed and go for a nice Sunday breakfast.

Our favorite weekend breakfast is Hua Yuan porridge at Tiong Bahru Food Centre. We’re like clockwork. Once he parked his car, we’ll automatically go our separate ways. I’ll go buy coffee and You Tiao (fried dough sticks) while he’ll go get the porridge and we’ll meet at the tables near the porridge stall. I always order the crispy fried pig intestine porridge while hubs will have his usual pork meat porridge. We live for routine. Haha..

We skipped lunch and munched on snacks while watching the DVDs we bought on Friday. We started with Mean Girls, followed by Matrix. Nice… Classics.

Hubby gave me a real treat by making dinner for me! So sweet right… Well… I did supervise abit but he did most of the cooking. It was delicious! Filled with love… :)

Just some salt & pepper would do


I name it CoCo’s Black Pepper Steak with Cobby’s Hot Prawns with stir fry garlic shitake mushrooms at the side. Serve with a glass of cold beer.



We enjoyed our yummy sinful dinner while watching Fight Club. Before we know it, the weekend has ended! Look forward to the next one!

No comments: