Monday, April 23, 2007

Wedding Photoshoot Part 1

We took our outdoor photoshoot on Sunday, 22 April 2007.

We headed out at 10.30am to the National Museum, our first stop. On the way there, we drove pass the City Hall building opposite the Padang. I commented that the building is very beautiful so the photographer suggested that we make an impromptu stop.

The day before, I kept hoping that it would rain so that I can have a beautiful weather for my photoshoot. Well, I certainly got what I wished for because it was SCORCHING HOT! Behind the smile and make up and the freaking hot dress, I could feel my skin searing under the sunlight.

National Museum was beautiful! Too bad we couldn't take a photo of their marble staircase at the lobby. The lady said that we needed a written permission. I mean, come on! I'm not taking photos of the artwork or logo of the National Musem! It's just a staircase!! Imbecile...

Anyway, whatever. We were standing at the doorway, my photographer loading the film when a whole bus load of old foggies started to swarm through the entrance. We just had to step aside and become lab specimens for the old folks to stare and point while they moved at snail rate into the museum. :P Cannot take pictures inside? Hmm! I take outside. It was just as beautiful..

By the time we headed to the Botanic Gardens, I must have sweat about 1/2kg of sweat. Haha... Thank goodness for the assistant Hui Min who took good care of me by wiping my sweat, fix my hair and make up, etc.

I made a BIG mistake by choosing outdoor shoot on a Sunday. There were people everywhere! Grrr.... We were moving on after taking some shots at our favourite spot when suddenly, the wind started to pick up and the leaves of the trees at our favourite spot started to fall gently like snow! So beautiful! I quickly grabbed my skirt, shouted for my photographer and hubby and started running back to the trees. (In case you're wondering how is that possible, I was wearing my converse shoes underneath my bridal dress.) It must have shocked the passerbys. Haha.. I was like Julia Roberts in the Runway Bride. We got the shots we wanted :)

By the time we called it a day, we have taken about 100+ photos and sweat about another 1/2 kg of sweat. Good. Can lose weight. :D

It was a really fun day, a great experience! Can't wait to see the result! My next shot woud be at the studio on the 13 May and I'm so looking forward to it!

No comments: