Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Something New!

We went to Holland Village for dinner yesterday and we remembered that Parisilk was there! Great!

Oh in case you have no idea what Parisilk is, allow me to digress abit. It is an electronic good store with humble origins but now has grown to much bigger proportions. It started out as a little a family business run by an Indian family in 1952, outside Nee Soon Army Camp, their main customers being British Army officers.

The original store is still there by the way, but now there are several more stores opened island-wide. It’s even listed in GeBiz! So anyway, a lot of stuff in my home is brought from there. Basically they buy in bulk, and sell to consumers in a cheaper price than what is sold in retail outlets.

If you are thinking about 50% cheaper, all I can say is “wait long long”. It’s just slightly cheaper lah, but their service is great, the price is right, and the stuff is authentic. This is not Sim Lim, where dodgy staff quote you cheaper price but you worry and wonder if they left anything out in the package. The counters may be run by friendly aunties in traditional Indian garb, but those aunties know their stuff. Ask them about brands and models, they have the latest information at their fingertips! Cool!

So back to the story, after dinner we walked over to the store and found what we wanted. The latest canon digital camera, Canon IXUS 80IS. Initially I wanted to get pink, but… Don’t feel like it. Somehow always getting pink stuff seems a little boring! I asked what other colours does it come in, so he said, “Navy Blue, Classic Silver, Candy Pink, Caramel, CHOCOLATE” and my ears suddenly perked up.

Did he said chocolate? Hey hey! Let’s take a look!

True to description, the camera is a beautiful, sexy, creamy, chocolate colour! Looks so good I could take a bite. Hahaha, sorry hor, I’m a woman and I shop with my eyes, not my brains. So while the staff blabbered on about the features about the camera, I’ve already zoned out. It’s chocolate! It’s beautiful! I want it!

So now I’m, a proud owner of a brand new camera, which I’ve named Choco!

Like Christmas..

The whole package - comes with free 4GB SD card

Hi Choco!

That's not me hor...

Oh in case you are interested in the specs, click here.

No comments: