Monday, April 7, 2008

Where's Streetdirectory.com?

I was updating my blog in the weekend when I needed to check the location of an eatery. So as usual I opened another tab in my web browser and tried to get into Streetdirectory.com to check. After waiting like forever, the page said that the address does not exist! What??

I thought it was some glitch in the system. Suddenly I feel so handicapped. Now how am I to know what is the name of the building? I didn’t realize that I was so reliant on the website for directional or location information till now. Streetdirectory.com was always my first choice to look for addresses, how to get there, etc.

This morning I heard the news that apparently the website has been shut down temporarily due to some issues with infringement of copyright of the LTA maps they were using. So now, there are reports that the website would be back this week.

Yeah…!

Sigh, so silly loh, I mean if LTA have such wonderful maps, and streetdirectory.com have such a wonderful search function to link up addresses with the maps, why don’t they just work together? Ok maybe things aren’t that simple but hey, from a consumer point of view, I think that Streetdirectory.com is the best.

I miss it and I want it back!

In case you wanna read the news:
Virtual Map shuts down street directory site after losing suit

Streetdirectory.com will stay alive

No comments: