Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Happy 3rd Trimester!



HAPPY 3RD TRIMESTER!

I can't imagine that I've been pregnant for 6 months now - half a year gone in a blink of an eye! So how does it feel being a 7 months pregnant woman? Well, most of the time, it feels like the most natural thing in the world. In fact, sometimes, I get SO used to it; I even forget that I'm pregnant! I guess it helps that I didn't have a huge tummy to carry around...

But once in a while, I would get a sudden realisation that I have a real live baby growing inside my body. And in a few months, I would be able to hold her in my arms and kiss, cuddle and love her like nothing else in the world. And the thought alone would make me smile.

Sometimes it just seems so unreal... ME! A MOTHER! Haha... I still remember how, a few years ago, I actually dislike children! (Oops...haha...) But I guess my biological clock just shouted out to me, and just like that, I'm on the road to Mummyhood.



I have to be honest; it wasn't all rainbows and pretty flowers. There are days where I just wanted it all to end quickly. Some days were so bad; I secretly wished that I didn't get pregnant in the first place. But I guess that's too late now isn't it! Haha...

Most of my frustrations come from the physical aspect of the pregnancy. Most pregnant women would have a "healthy glow" due to the hormones. But no such luck for me! I have to "enjoy" a cocktail of spider veins, acnes and oily skin on my face. I sweat all the time, which I totally hate. My hair looks like crap, because I can't go and dye it, so it's half black and half brown.

Thankfully I didn't gain weight like crazy (I try not to overeat), so the main bulk comes from my boobs and tummy. But still, I feel so big, heavy and clumsy, and I hated that. I miss being slim and able to move quickly without waddling.

I also miss wearing my beautiful high heels, collecting dust inside my cupboard. I miss wearing my fitting jeans, looking and feeling good. I miss drinking an iced cold beer after dinner or a steaming hot cappuccino at Starbucks. And so many more... Sigh~

It doesn't help that sometimes, the blues would get to me, and every single thing, big or small, would be 3 or 4 times worse than it is. And I would get SO UPSET the whole day, sometimes even rolling over to the next day. Poor Cobby would be at the front line, facing my moods. The thing is, I know they are just the result of my blues, but you just cannot ask me to just stop being sad! So with persuasion, sometimes I would tell him why I'm upset.

But sometimes, I just WANT to be sad ok!

Even with so many down sides, I would still rate being pregnant as the most amazing thing in the world. Especially now, as I'm entering 3rd trimester and the baby is growing bigger and stronger! Baby started moving at around 20 weeks, but they were SO FAINT, I thought it was just gas! Then, as the baby grows, it became more obvious, like a faint kick once in a while.

Recently, the movements became SO STRONG, I can literally feel her tiny hand (or feet?) push against my belly; hold it there for a second while she stretches, before finally retracting it back. Or sometimes she would give me a giant kick that would make me jump up in surprise!

This is my new hobby now; I just love lying back and watch my tummy shake and move about as the baby stretch and kick or just move around inside me. It's so fun and heart warming all at the same time! Cobby loves to put his hand on my belly and feel baby move when he talks to her. I think she can recognise his voice!



As the due date draws nearer and nearer, the emotions gets higher and higher.
I'm happy that I would be seeing my baby soon.
I'm scared of labour - it sounds so scary and painful, hope there would not be any complications (touch wood)
I'm nervous - Our lives are going to change forever! Parenthood! Would I be a good mother? Can I handle taking care of her?

So far there's nothing that I can do except to read and learn as much as I can, and hope for the best. I guess when the time comes; I'll just have to let nature take its course.

So ends my reflections... I wanted to document all the ups and downs of the whole experience. Because these are precious memories and I never ever want to forget them!

No comments: