Thursday, November 13, 2008

Long Awaited Project Done!

Finally it's finished! Believe it or not, it took me close to TWO YEARS, but at least it's done now. :D

I remember getting the design from an Australian magazine that my sis brought back from her honeymoon trip! Haha... I saw the cute chubby cat and I know that I have to make that! So cute! The cat actually took only a few weeks to complete, but the words were soooo tedious! I think I stitched about a few lines and I just chuck it aside and forgot about it. Then I got proposed to, bought a new house, renovations, ROM, moved house, prepared for wedding dinner, etc, etc, etc...

I only remembered my unfinished project two months ago when I was tempted buy a felt craft book at Page One book store. Since the book was a little expensive, I've decided to at least finish my last project first before getting into something new. So I dug out my cross stitch and got to work.

I wanted to add a little sparkle to the design, so after I've finished the stitching, I use beads for the dots on the letterings and the centre of the pink flowers. I love the pink flowers~! And since the main subject was on the diamond collar, I used iron on crystals to give it an extra bling!





Yeah~ So satisfied with my completed art! Soon I'll get it framed and maybe hang it inside the baby room! :)

No comments: