Thursday, April 2, 2009

Immunization

Jolie had her 1st immunization yesterday. We bathed and fed her as usual in the morning before heading out. She was in her sleepy mood, so she slept soundly all the way from home, to the car and to the clinic! I was glad that she was so sleepy as there were more people than I had expected, so she just slept quietly in her pram while waited.

When it was our turn I had to wake her up to be examined by Dr Garfield. Everything went very well! Jolie was 5.19kg and 61cm long. Dr said that she is growing very well and is bigger than an average 2 month old baby! So happy to hear that...

Then he gave her Rotavirus Vaccine and jabbed her buttocks! Jolie was already crying and screaming while he was examining her, so there wasn't much difference in the volume when he jabbed her. But the moment he was done I quickly carried her back into my arms and soothed her. Oh my poor baby! I hated injections too! But I guess the parents would always overreact because she was fine shortly after that.

We had planned to take up the immunization package that day and wanted to pay via the Child Development Account, the package cost only $99, but after adding the consultation fee, another eye test and medication fees, the total bill had came up to about $1176! We had only deposited $1050 into the account and the stupid Government have not topped up the matching amount. So we couldn't pay via CDA and had to pay the full amount via VISA... SO IRRITATING..!

Eh, I feel so cheated! If we pay via CDA, technically speaking we are only paying half the price ok... Argh! Sigh forget it, anyway I had received $1k in cash earlier in the month, as part of the baby bonus. I'll just transfer the money to Cobby to pay for the immunization. Sigh, having a baby is expensive! Luckily got baby bonus... Haha, one moment complain about the government, one moment lucky to have the government to help out with the expenses! Haha... very hard to please right!?

Anyway, the rest of the day was a complete nightmare. We went home around lunch time, but Jolie refused to sleep for the rest of the day! She was squirming and crying and looked very uncomfortable. I wonder if it was the immunization that made her that way, or was she just traumatised by the whole ordeal, or was she having her tummy ache? I was super tired by the end of the day and feeling so miserable as Mom was not around to help. Cobby had to go to class in the evening so I felt so lonely, tired and frustrated. When I finally got her to sleep around 9pm plus I was completely burnt out. What a day!

Happy Baby..!

No comments: