Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday Outing

We have started a routine to leave baby Jolie at my mother-in-law's place every Sunday. Then Cobby and I would go for lunch alone, or go take a walk nearby. So far, we would always be back by 3-4 hours. Today I suggested that we go catch the movie, "Fast and Furious" and have dinner out by ourselves. So, after dropping Jolie off at his mum's place, we went for a late lunch and caught the movie at Great World City.

The movie was great! I really enjoyed it, but Cobby was a little disappointed that there wasn't much focus on the cars like Tokyo Drift. After the movie we headed to Clarke Quay for our dinner, but I kept thinking about my baby, so we called mum to check on her. Only when we know that she had drunk her milk and was then taking a nap, did I feel more relieved.

It was a very nice evening as we strolled along Clarke Quay, looking at all the restaurants and wondering what to eat. I was constantly feeling tired and frustrated from taking care of baby, so our relationship had been a little strained and distant. But strolling along by ourselves along the river, hand in hand... it was really nice and I felt my love for my husband has been rekindled again. :)



We finally decided on the Tom Ton at The Central. They were having a shabu shabu buffet so we had a fabulous black pig shabu shabu! SUPER GOOD! Must try!




Although I was really enjoying my 'day-off' with my dear dear, tucking into our delicious dinner, I was also getting increasingly uncomfortable. All day long I've been thinking about my baby. "How is she?" "Did she finish her milk?" "Did she take her nap?" "Did she cry or fuss?". But during dinner, my anxiety really reached its peak. We took awhile to decide on what to eat, so by then it was already close to 8pm!

I started to worry if she needed to feed or sleep and I missed holding her in my arms terribly! I told Cobby my worries and felt bad for spoiling the mood of our "date". But he said it was ok, as he would worry if I didn't miss baby at all! Haha...

By the time we reached his mum's place, it was already 8.30pm. We have been separated from baby for about 6 hours! A new record! I quickly took her and held her close to me. I MISSED HER SO MUCH!!!! On the way home, I thought about how I can't wait to leave her at Cobby's mum's place in the afternoon, and yet, within a few hours, I was surprised by the intensity of how much I missed her and the need to hold her in my arms again.

I wonder if baby Jolie missed me just as much? Or was she indifferent to her Mummy's absence the whole afternoon? As she smiled in her sleep, I like to think that she was happy to be once again reunited with her Mummy, safe and sound in her arms.

No comments: