Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Day Jolie Fell Down

The morning started just like any other day, I would put Jolie on my bed with me when she wakes up so that I can catch a few more winks before I get up. Disaster strikes just as I was ready to get up. I turned around to get a hanky for her and suddenly I heard a loud THUD!

One moment she was sitting cross legged on the beg, the next second she was on the floor! That split second my blood froze as I saw her hit the laminate floor head first. I remember frantically thinking, "Oh my god, please baby, please cry!", then a flood of relief followed as she let out a loud wail. But the relief was short lived as blood flowed from her mouth!!!

OhMyGod.OhMyGod.OhMyGod.OhMyGod.OhMyGod.OhMyGod.OhMyGod.

I was panicking! I wanted to see if it's her mouth bleeding or if she's vomiting blood or what!? But she was screaming away and wouldn't let me check, by then my T-shirt sleeve and her pyjamas was stained with blood. I quickly bring her to the kitchen, soak a hanky with ice water and let her suck on it. I think it brought her a little relief so she sucked the hanky willingly.

By then I was an emotional wreck. I was scared, in shock, and most of all, GUILTY!!! I hugged her and was screaming and crying together with her, I kept repeating "I'M SORRY BABY! I'M A BAD MOTHER! I'M SORRY BABY! I'M A BAD MOTHER!"

I called Cobby and he said he'll come back immediately to bring her to the doctor, but awhile later her bleeding stopped, she was smiling again and I wonder if we're over reacting. Cobby said that we'll bring her to let the doctor check her out anyway, just in case.

The doctor gave her an OK, but said that we have to monitor her for 3 days and said that the important thing is to not let it happen again! You don't have to tell me twice! I was so relieved that she's fine. After we got home Cobby went back to work.

Baby feeling much better...


We were supposed to go to mother in law's place for dinner, so in the late afternoon, I decided to put Jolie in her pram and take her to Toa Payoh via MRT!



This is Jolie's first time taking the MRT! She was very excited when she got on board the train. She kept looking around, trying to catch the eye of people around her. When she does she would flash her smile at her target and I could almost see little hearts, butterflies and sunshine float over and instantly make the other person smile too.

There was a big guy sitting next to us and I was worried that he would be angry when Jolie touched his arm. But surprisingly he gave her a smile and covertly tried to play with her (but i noticed) throughout the trip. So cute...

Well, by the time we got to Mother in law's place her swelling on her lips has gone down, so we decided to not tell her about this incident. Same for my mother, I think it's better to spare them the stress and heartache and also spare me that scolding that I might get for being so careless. I've definitely learnt my lesson today, and what a painful lesson it was.

No comments: