Tuesday, January 5, 2010

11 months young

Almost forgot about Jolie's monthly updates. She doesn't need to take her jabs till she's one, so it just slipped my mind. I'm not sure how heavy or tall she is now, she wouldn't hold still long enough for us to measure. But she seems to weight and looked the same to me, maybe because I see her everyday.



Maybe I should just blog down the little things she does, but so many! Where shall I start? She still wakes up several times at night. I have to cuddle her a little, then she'll settle down, get back to sleep. She'll wake around 7am plus and I'll bring her to my bed, (cuz I'm still too groggy to function) there she'll lie on my belly and give me hugs and smile sweetly at me. We'll hang around in bed for awhile before drag myself out of bed to prepare her morning milk so that she drink it happily on our bed.

She's taking solids now, so we'll always share my breakfast. She loves bread, and MacDonald's Hotcakes! But I still make her porridge for lunch and dinner, so I'm really running out of ideas soon!



She's crazy about Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on the Disney channel, so I'll make an effort to let her watch, if I remember. :P





She's learning new body language every other day. She loves to point, so it's getting easier to know what she's interested in and what she wants. She loves to nod too! Everytime she eats something yummy like her favourite snack, she'll nod vigorously when we asked her if it tasted good. She's still working on shaking her head though, I think sometimes she gets confused, because she'll nod and shake her head at the same time. Or maybe she just enjoys doing that. :)

Everytime she finish her food or milk, I'll say "no more!" and twist and shake my hand. So now she mimics that action everytime she hears those words. :) She really excels in walking. In fact, she's the only one in her baby gym that knows how to walk. But she's quite anxious, so she always loses her balance when she walks too fast.



Since she was only a few months old, we would teach her how to get down from a higher ground such as the bed or sofa, so now she's practically an expert! She'll turn around and slide down so that her feet would touch the ground. But she could still lose balance while sitting on the sofa or bed, so must still keep an eye on her!

Her hair has grown longer and thicker (finally!), so her girlish looks are finally coming through. She looks even more girly when she wears her hair clips. But then she doesn't like having things on her head, so she'll yank them off after awhile. But we still let her wear them anyway.

She has four front teeth on the upper gum and another four at the bottom. I think more is coming out as she seems to have an insatiable need to chew just about everything!



Her vocabulary is still quite limited, NO, she has not said Mama yet. But she enjoys saying many others, like Bua Bua Bua, Dei Dei Dei, her usual Buuuuuu and a mixture of baby blabber. When she can't communicate her needs to us in language, she either screams in frustration or use another more effective method, pointing. Now she points with a purpose, so we know what she wants.

But knowing what she wants may not be a good thing, because if we say no, she would scream in anger! I can't possibly spoil her silly and give in to her every want like her 3 grandparents, so I guess parenthood also means being the bad guy sometimes. :(

Well, that's all I can think of for now. Even now, I'm always amazed that I'm actually a mother. As tiring and frustrating as it can be sometimes, it's hard to stay mad at her as she would do the sweetest things to make you smile. All she have to do is look into your eyes give you one of her smiles, and you're gone!



Sigh~ What to do! My baby so cute!

No comments: