Monday, January 18, 2010

Avatar - the flip side

Before I go into the movie, let me share a funny story.

I can't remember when we went to watch Avatar, which was like one of the best movies I've ever watched by the way. As usual, we booked the tickets for the show, left Jolie at my Mom's place and headed out to Great World City, which was our favourite movie outlet.

We arrived early, so we had a leisurely lunch at MacDonald's. After lunch, we cleared our bowels (we heard it's a long movie) and slowly headed to the cinema to buy popcorn. Just as we were walking to the cinema, the realization hit me like a ton of bricks. "Why are we here???" I exclaimed. Cobby still didn't get it and was puzzled by my question. "WHY ARE WE HERE??? DIDN'T YOU BOOKED TICKETS FOR VIVO CITY???!!!" We were both stunned into silence for 3 seconds before we dashed to the lifts.

OH MY GOD! The movie starts in 15mins and we were at the wrong location! As the GPS lady I quickly thought of the route from Great World City to Vivo City. Once we got into the car we quickly flew to Vivo. On the way there we kept exclaiming, how could this happen?! We were so accustomed to going to Great World for movies that we automatically went there without thinking!

Thank goodness:
1. Vivo City wasn't too far away,
2. The traffic was very smooth all the way,
3. We found a perfect parking lot, just next to the escalator leading to the cinema, and
4. Movies never start on time.

Amazing! We even got time to buy popcorn and drinks! Haha... -_-

Anyway.... Avatar is like THE BEST MOVIE I've ever seen lor... At 1st I was quite skeptical, thinking it's another action/animation movie, but then I heard so much hoo-haa about it that I decided to give it a shot. And I'm thankful that I did! It's so good, after awhile I forgot that it's animation! It's action packed, it's funny parts, romantic, visually spectacular and very moving. Don't wait for the DVD, this is the kind of movie that needs to be watched on the big screen. Love it!



AVATAR Official Movie website

No comments: