Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wall Decal

Did I mentioned about going to the newly extended Jurong Point shopping centre? Anyway, I loved it as it's huge and I love the shops there! At the basement, we came across this push cart store that sells wall decals. I always liked the idea of wall decals for our walls at home, but those sold online seems a little pricey. The ones sold there was only $12.90 for the smaller ones. I think they are cheaper if you buy two, but I didn't know how good it would look, so I only bought one.

The monkey decal is broken up into pieces to fit into one sheet of paper, so you have to piece it together. Not so easy when you're alone as you can't see where the pieces are on the wall. On top of that, if you have a clingy baby that needs your attention around the clock, it's worse. -_- I was so curious on how it looked, so I can't wait to do it with Cobby.

It was nearing Jolie's morning nap time, so I thought, "I'll just put up the branch." When I finished the branch, Jolie was already a little cranky, but I wanted to see how the monkey looked, so I quickly put it up. But I didn't like the angle on the head, so I had to peel it out. Unfortunately that made the sticker a little crinkled, so my monkey ended up with a wrinkly face. Hahaha...

By the time I'm done with the monkey, Jolie's screaming her head off, so I had no choice but to stop half way and put her to bed. But I can't stop! So while she naps, I quietly stuck the leaves on. So satisfying to see the finished look!



The decal seems a little too high, but I guess it's ok~



Jolie loved it too. She would point at the monkey and giggle each time I let her touch it.




I love how it made the whole room look very lively. Think I would buy another one for the living room. Recommended for all! Try it!

On the side note, Jolie wore her new jumpsuit today. Mom bought it from Hong Kong. Isn't it adorable? Loved the frog!


No comments: