Saturday, April 10, 2010

Calorie Laden Saturday

We must have clocked at least a few thousand calories on Saturday! For breakfast, we had a very satisfying Bak Chor Mee (Minced meat noodles) with a seriously thick cup of kopi. Yah we did burnt off some calories while doing our grocery shopping, but I'm sure we compensated it during lunch at Burger King.

It's been so long since I've had my Whopper Jr, fries and coke! I guess it's ok, I mean, Whopper Jr has got lots of vegetables right? So it's a balanced meal! :) After lunch I was feeling quite sleepy, so we ordered a cup of macchiato with a slice of chocolate truffle cake. It was delicious, but I wished that I had a bed for me to lie down instead really.

We headed for our movie, which was Date Night, starring the super funny duo Steve Carell and Tina Fey.



A must see for all couples, dating or married! The show was super funny and entertaining, at the same time, it did also touch on real issues that most couples face in their marriage. Besides, Mark Wahlberg did a small part in the show which was both funny and sexy! That was enough reason for me to catch the show! :P~~~



Ahem, sorry where was I? Yah, so can't go to the movies without popcorn, so we munched through the show. After the show I wanted to buy a bread knife, so we drove to Holland Village. After another stressful parallel parking experience, we parked the car and searched for this bakery supplies shop I heard before. Turned out that we found a nice and quiet spot of Holland Village that was lined with fancy restaurants, bakeries, shops and even Phoon Huat was there!

In the end I didn't buy the knife, but we walked around and found The Daily Scoop ice cream parlor! I've heard about it so often but I've never been there before! So imagine my excitement! Yeah! I remembered that they are famous for their local specialties, so I recommended to Cobby the Chendol while I ordered the durian. YUMS~!



After the ice cream it was already 5.30pm, so we were kind of stuck. Too early for dinner, but where else to go? In the end we decided to drive all the way back to Serangoon Gardens Chom Chom for dinner. It's been so long since we've been there as it's quite difficult to bring baby there.

It's like parallel parking day! I was forced to park in a parallel lot again, but thankfully, the lot was quite wide and there wasn't any cars behind me, pressuring me. OK, there was one eventually, but I was so engrossed with trying not to destroy the car that I didn't really noticed.

So I was like, taking forever to park the car, but thankfully I did it without doing any damage to anybody. Phew. We ordered the usual stuff at Chom Chom, but it's great to dine in a relaxing pace without baby screaming. Yes the food wasn't exactly healthy, but we don't eat like that everyday anyway.



Like I said, it was a calorie laden day. But in words of Dr Tay from ieatishootipost, "Never waste your calories on yucky food!" And I'm sure my calories were definitely not wasted.

No comments: