Saturday, April 3, 2010

Date Day

It's Saturday! So as usual, we drop Jolie at my Mom's place so that Cobby and I can go pak-tor! Nowadays Cobby would always let me drive on weekends, so we booked tickets to a much awaited movie, Clash of the Titans! I was a great fan of the original works back in 1981, I grew up watching the show!



So naturally when Sam Worthington (DROOL~) stars in this 2010 remake, MUST WATCH!



I kind of liked it, it's definitely more fast paced than the 80's version, but some parts are SO intense, I can't even see who is who and what is what! Typical of modern Hollywood movies actually. Like transformers? There were so much action in some scenes and they were moving so fast that you can't see what's really going on.

They did change the storyline, so it irritates me a little, but overall, it was quite enjoyable. I like Sam Worthington... Cobby didn't seem to like it that much, he commented that it didn't quite meet up to his expectations after watching the trailer. Sigh~ it's viewers like him that forced directors to make faster and more blurry movies I tell you! So hard to please.

After the movie we drove to Orchard Central to jalan jalan. It's my very 1st time driving there and it was absolutely hair raising! It's SO STRESSFUL driving up the 10 storey high round-about! I have to make sure the right side don't hit the wall, watch the left side for cars coming down and watch the front. Having a headache just thinking about it! Hate that. After a dizzy climb, we finally found a lot, but it's parallel parking! OK, the space is huge, but still, the 1st time I did parallel park, I put a hole in the back bumper! So excuse me for freaking out! I didn't want to park there, but Cobby told me to relaxed and coached me into the space after many unsuccessful attempts. (thankfully no other cars around) Yeah! Happy!

We walked around the place and finally decided on having coffee break at Spinelli. They have this really nice outdoor sitting that's facing Centre Point!




Super nice! So Cobby and I selfishly had the big sofa seat all to ourselves as we sip hot coffee, nibbled on a not-so-nice apple crumble and chatted while the rain falls gently on Orchard road. Highly recommended for all couples or friends who wants to find a nice place to hang out. Warning! Don't push the sofa against the plants. Got ants! :P



We walked around the place and bought a new game for my Wii and my DS Lite before headed back. Not bad! An eventful and fruitful day!

No comments: