Monday, April 5, 2010

Universal Studios!

Sis was back and she invited me to Universal Studios with some of her friends! A day out with a bunch of ladies without the baby or husband? Oh yeah! We met early for breakfast at Food Republic. Must fill up for extra energy!

Roti Prata for me!



A must camera shot for ALL Universal Studio visitors!



The first stop was Madagascar! Our very 1st ride, King Julien's Beach Party-Go-Round! This carousel is super cute with all the Madagascar characters. I chose the mean old granny because it's so funny! I'm riding a granny! Hahaha...



Me and the gang~!





After the performance we pushed and shoved to be 1st in line to take pictures with the penguins! Yeah!



Alex the Lion.



And the super cute King Julien. He suggested this pose for us!



Next stop, Far Far Away!



Oh look, Shrek's house! Scary~



Thankfully Shrek and Princess Fiona was quite nice. :)



Unfortunately they came out the same time as the Madagascar gang, so most of the people were queuing up to take pictures with the penguins. But we like everybody! So we were running around like mad women. It was hot and we're sweaty but it's SO much fun!

We also rode Enchanted Airways, a miniature roller coaster, which was very fun and a great warm up to more exciting rides ahead! The Shrek 4-D Adventures was also great! I can't tell you too much or else it would spoil all the surprise! The 4-D show was definitely exciting! Just outside the 4-D show was Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream Parlor! Of course must buy! So only 2 of us got ice creams while the rest quietly filled up our water bottles with the free ice water in the restaurant. What... we bought ice cream what! :P Next, The Lost World!



The Jurassic Park Rapids Adventure was their main attraction, but their waiting time was 60mins! We hesitated for a moment, but Sis said that it would be stupid not go since we're here, so we queued! My, they weren't kidding about the waiting time, so we used the time to take pictures!





After like, FOREVER, and my poor legs almost giving way, it's finally our turn!!!



Nervous!



Hold on tight!



OK, with all the splashing around, we got wet even before the slide. The ride was quite fun and exciting, especially while inside the very dark tunnel! But the actual slide was not very high, so it was kind of disappointing. But yeah, we got really WET!



After the water ride we planned to ride the Canopy Flyer to dry us off, but after queuing for awhile, the ride broke down! The staff said that they need to fix it and do some trial runs, and couldn't say how long it would take, so we decided to come back later instead. One of our friends wanted to try the Amber Rock Climb, so we all headed there to watch her climb. I was hesitant to participate as I was afraid I would fail and make a fool of myself, but after watching small kids doing it, I just paid the extra $10, signed the disclaimer contract, and strapped up!



I waited quite long as I was busy watching a young English boy being tortured by his brother and father. The poor chubby boy had climbed quite high up, but he was stuck as he didn't know how to go on, he's tired, and kept on shouting that he wanted to come down. But the two guys below kept shouting at him to keep going, and spoke among themselves in disgusted tones of how he's giving up. Please lah, just let him come down! Argh! After a very long while, while I was finally getting ready to go up, he made it. Good for him! :)

It's so different when you're face is against the wall. You can't see where the slots are, so I just thought of how my instructors taught me back in Outward Bound school. Keep feeling the rocks for slots, go slow, and use your leg muscles!



Everybody said they were so impressed on how fast and steady I got up the wall. Sis said that I was like a gecko, I guess my long limps was an advantage! Haha... I did feel quite good going up the wall, it was easier than I expected and it was definitely a great trill as I reached the top! WHOO HOO!!!



When I got down my arms were numb from exertion! But it was SO FUN!!! Hope I wouldn't be in too much pain the next day to care for baby! :P Very forced victory smile... Tired!



Next on the map, Ancient Egypt! Our friend highly recommended the Revenge of the Mummy ride, which was an indoor roller coaster, so my sis and another friend decided to opt out while the rest of us go for it!

As you can see in the photo below, 2 THUMBS UP!!!



A Die-Die-Must-Try! The effects were fantastic and the ride was unexpected and thrilling! We came out and found out that Sis was STILL QUEUING for her lame Treasure Hunters jeep ride, so we WENT FOR A 2ND TIME! Yes there were no surprises this time, but it was just as fun! We even sat on the front roll! I'm usually not so brave to sit in the front roll, but hey, it's an indoor roller coaster. You can't see anything anyway!

We went backwards and headed for the Water World show. The show was starting soon, so we quickly ran in but the center sitting area was already full.



Erm the show was quite boring actually, nothing spectacular. All I could think of was how HUNGRY I was! We were running on pure adrenaline so far, and once we sat down and cooled off, the hunger pangs hit me hard! So regret that I didn't grab a hot dog on the way to the show!

The next stop was supposed to be the highlight of Universal Studios, which was the Battlestar Galactica CYLON and HUMAN roller coaster ride. Unfortunately, the ride was closed! I planned to take the ride, but when I actually got there and stood under the unbelievably HUGE tracks, I was secretly relieved that it was closed! I wondered if I even have the guts to go on the ride if it's running! Hahaha...



Have to content with sitting on the seat only. Hahaha...



The last stop was New York! We were seriously exhausted by then and were just heading to find some food when some staff said that the show was starting soon and said that we could sit down on the floor. So we were like, OK! Whao! It was a super cool Hip Hop street dance performance!



They were so cool and so CUTE! (too bad you can't see it, but the guy in blue is the cutest!) Guess what, when they pulled volunteers, they pulled my Sis up! Normally it's fine, but then she was the ONLY woman in the group! They rest were all small kids! Haha!



So they did some moves together and horror! They ask everybody to do a solo dance! The other tourists and especially a small little girl was super cute and danced away. BUT when it was Sis's turn, she, well, did a strange arm movement that left us in fits of laughter when the show ended. Hey, at least she was sporting enough to do it! Good effort! I think I wouldn't know what to do if it was me! :P

Again, we planned to find food as we had some vouchers that wouldn't be valid 30 mins before the park closes, which was very soon, but we came across another attraction, which was this Special Effects show. Short, but very cool.

Just before we leave, we had to do something very important. SHOP!



They have merchandise shops for every area, so we quickly back track to Madagascar to grab the cutest stuff!

It was only 6.45pm, but by then we were totally spent! We're wet, sweaty, oily, exhausted. HUNGRY. So we finally headed for dinner back in Singapore and I had to leave before everybody else as it was getting late. I've had so much fun! It's been so long since I felt so happy and free, but at the end of the day, I still feel happy seeing my baby and Cobby again.

No comments: