Thursday, April 8, 2010

Cousin En En

MIL called me and asked if I'm bringing baby over to her place today. We usually go there on Thursdays, but since Jolie's having her immunization tomorrow, I explained to her that maybe we'll go over tomorrow instead.

Turns out that Cobby's cousin was bringing her daughter over to MIL's place too, and it was SO OBVIOUS that MIL wanted me to bring Jolie over to "show off"! Hahaha... So I got the hint and said that I'll bring her over. At the end of the phone call, she even asked me to make sure Jolie's all dressed up! Grandparents are so funny...

Qi En's almost 2 years old, but this was the very first time I'm seeing her too! I've always heard stories from MIL of how thin and timid she is, how her grandma takes care of her most of the time because the parents were too lazy to take care of their own child. Seriously, I don't understand these people. Why the hell did they have the child in the 1st place if they don't want to take on the hard work and responsibility?

Anyway, little En En was definitely not how I imagine her to be! She's really a pretty little thing, and she seems very friendly, sweet and enjoys being around everybody. Yes, she's not very big size, but her parents aren't exactly big size like Cobby and I, so she looks fine to me really. Anyway I'm used to Jolie being almost the same size as children much older than her.

Initially Jolie was kind of reserved and reluctant to play with her cousin. En En was a little hyper, so she was squealing and running around, which I think freaked out Jolie a little. She must be thinking who's this siao zar bor! Haha... But after awhile they warmed up to each other and started playing together.



Jolie was very sweet and shared her favourite treats with her cousin. They were even feeding each other! So 恩爱!



Here they were dancing to the music from one of the toys. The knee-bending move is Jolie's new dance routine lately. :)



Its so interesting to see the dynamics of peer influence. When En En saw Jolie eat her dinner, she demanded to have dinner too. When En En saw Jolie take her bath, she wanted to have her bath too! And when she saw her grand-aunt (MIL) carry Jolie, she want to be carried too! Of course, MIL is always happy to have another baby in her arms. 好幸福! (Jolie getting sleepy liao~)



Another cousin for Jolie to play with. Jolie's social circle is increasing! :)

No comments: