Friday, June 22, 2007

Inspiring Thursday

I planned to go swimming last Thursday after work cuz cobby mentioned that he would be working late. Woke up in the morning but super no mood, so decided that after work I'll just find a nice place to sit and read my Harry Potter while waiting for Cobby to knock off.

Was just walking out of the building when Cobby called and said he's done with work and can meet me in 5mins. I think when two people are very close they can receive each other's brainwave. When I asked him what he would like for dinner, just 3 seconds before he answered I thought of Pioneer Springs. And he said "Pioneer Springs?" Weird right....

Why weird? It's a Chinese restaurant at SAFRA Mount Faber that we really like, famous for its black pepper crabs. But we hardly eat there during weekdays, and it's been months since we've been there for a meal. So it's impossible that I would guess that he wanted to eat there.

Anyway, we went for a fabulous meal with scallops with asparagus, kung pow frogs, black pepper crab and for dessert, my all time favorite, Orh Nee (Yam Paste). Whoa what a grrreeeaaat meal. We love to pamper ourselves with good food but this is still pretty rich for a thursday. After dinner I asked him what inspired him to this meal and he said that he found out that a good friend's mom was just diagnosed with kidney failure recently.

He said that the news reminded him that life is so fragile and short-lived, so he thought that we should do things that we enjoy while we still can. He's right you know, sometimes we allow so many things to stop us from doing things that make us happy that we ended up being miserable most of the time. I say we just do it while we still have the energy to do it.

Eat! Live! Be Happy! Time is Running Out! What are you waiting for??!!!

** Miss CoCo runs out of the room screaming **

2 comments:

LilMrsT said...

OMG, you always know all the good food in Singapore!!! I am sooo hungry now. Where can I find those here, man??? Sucks ...

Miss CoCo said...

You should explore more of Australian food! So that when/if I ever go to Australia, you'll be my food guide! :)