Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Ladies Day Out

Last Saturday morning, my sis met up with my parents and me for breakfast at the make-shift market at Outram Park. We went to the shops afterwards to buy the stuff we need for my customary wedding. It was fun, the last time we were there for my sis’s wedding and now it’s my turn!

The shop was not very big, but every space was crammed full of items for traditional wedding use. Some items I can borrow from sis, but most of it I had to buy. In the end we spent S$182.50! Frankly speaking, I think if you buy the items individually at other places, you could get a better deal. But I guess we were paying for the one-stop-shop convenience. Besides, the auntie was very friendly and easy going.

Dad took refuge at the hawker centre while we women were going on a shopping rampage in the shop. And while we weren’t watching, he went to the wet market to buy some fresh shrimps. Duh… We told him earlier not to buy because sis and I wanted to go Sim Lim Square after that! So dad suggested that he go home first since he’s not interested in shopping and even offered to bring our shopping home! Yeah!!

Mom came with Sis and I and we made sure that we were out of dad’s sight before we hopped onto a taxi en route to Sim Lim Square. By the way… Sis bought a brand new Sony Vaio C25G laptop in Blush Pink with free 1GB upgrade and a free matching Sony mouse and colour carrying case at only S$2299.

-_- *green with envy*

Dear offered to buy me one, when he saw me salivating at the Sony showroom the day before. My practical and sensible angel on my left shoulder told me that I didn’t need a laptop, and that I already have one that just needs a little fixing. The devil on my right shoulder kept telling me how beautiful the laptop is and how nice it would be to have my very own Pink Sony Laptop. Besides, I don’t even have to pay for it, Cobby offered to pay right? So the two little guys started fighting above my head and in the end, my little angel won. :)

We reached Sim Lim at around 10:45am; most of the shops were just opening! We bought blank CD-R, DVD-R, disc covers and even a wireless microphone before most shops opened. Sis spent another few hundred dollars on Microsoft and Anti Virus software for her new laptop before we moved on to The Orchard Road. I managed to find a set of beautiful red bed sheets at Aussino for my wedding day. By the time we ate lunch, it’s almost 2pm! The glass noodles at Thai Express are so yummy!

We were heading back home when we passed by some performers at playing all different types of drums and percussions from different ethnic groups. They’re so cool! The audience even gets to get involved in playing the instruments. Fun! J

We got back home, full of shopping bags, and its only 2:45pm! I even got to watch Shrek 3 with Cobby before going back to our home in the evening. Sigh, what an eventful day! That’s why I love to have an early morning on weekends, you get to do so much more!

2 comments:

Sarubobo Love said...

Hi there,
I'm interested in getting a wireless microphone too. Can you tell me which shop you got it from, the brand, price and quality?

How does it work?

please email me

Many thanks, and hope your wedding was a blast.

Miss CoCo said...

Oh we got it at one of the shops at Sim Lim. I can't remember the name but the whole shop sells audio equipment. so it's hard to miss. The one we bought comes with a wireless transmitter that u connect with the DVD/VCD player. Its pretty expensive, a hundred plus, comes with 2 mics. The shop seems to cater to more professional choices so the quality seems better.