Thursday, January 10, 2008

Art from Trash ~

Can you guess what is this......?




This is actually hundreds of ink cartridge from a humble ball point pen!







A colleague of mine, (let's call him bamboo) has dismembered those useless dried up corporate pens and bound them up into this bundle. And everyday he adds more and more of these ink funnels into the bundle, "feeding the monster" he says, until it grew into a huge monster bundle!









So this bundle has been providing much entertainment to our department for the past week... we'll push the bundle from behind and make imprints like this.... Can you guess what is this?







It's a staple! :D


He'll even make interesting imprints like a face... so all of us would go "Ooooo... Ahhhh....." So I thought, "hey! I can blog about this!" So I kidnapped the monster and started making my own imprints, happily snapping away on my camera.




This looked like a moutain...! :)


After taking this picture, I started placing the monster back on the table when suddenly....




WHOOOOOSH~!!!!!!!!!!!






It's not VERY loud, but apparently the whole department heard it (or maybe it's my squeal ?) Everybody crowded around my cubicle and gasped at the mess... "Orh.... look what you've done..."


Oh my god I was so embarrassed! Not only for my clumsiness but I felt so bad cause I killed bamboo's Monster! Everybody got back to their work with their "tsk... tsk... tsk..." and left me to clean up the mess. Only Bamboo came back with a box and help me...

Even more paiseh.... Sigh... So we picked up the "remains" of the Monster and placed it on Bamboo's cubicle shelf, where it would R.I.P. (Rest In Peices) Hahaha...



I apologised for destroying the monster again later and he replied that it was gonna be dismentled soon anyway. He even offered to show me his other works!

Using different parts of the pen, he made a few figurines based on the different peices of a chess set.

This big one can be either the King or Queen...


This fierce one looks like a Knight with 2 swords...


This fat one look like a Rook...

This cute little one is the pawn... (My favourite!)


This one.... He hav'nt figured out what it is yet... I guess its the bishop..? Haha...

The gang's all here... Kindda reminds me of transformers...

Sings: Transformers... Robots in desguise.... Transformers... More then meets the eye...

No comments: