Monday, January 21, 2008

A Great Weekend

I had a 9.05am driving lesson on Saturday morning, so you can imagine my shock when I woke up on brightly lit Saturday morning. The clock read 8.50am. Shit!!!!!!! Cobby woke up with a start too and scrambled out of bed, exclaiming, let's go let's go! We can make it!

huh........ it's impossible loh... I suggested that we give it a miss cause it's impossible to wash up and reach bukit gombak within 15mins. I don't want us to rush like mad to meet up with disappointment and frustration. So we snuggled back in bed and when for a late prata breakfast at Ah Mei's. Before we left the house I took a picture of the plants in their new pots. So pretty!




Prata there was good as usual! We (or rather, I) have decided to buy the Sony VAIO, so we proceed to Funan the IT mall and made the purchase! YEAH....!!!!!!!!! Happy sia.....



It was lunch time but since we had a late breakfast, we just settled for a cake and soup for lunch at a cafe nearby. We went to Bugis after that to shop around for some CNY clothes. Bugis seems to have changed alot, but unfortunately, their clothing line seems to have gone down hill too. So I only managed to get 2 simple tops. Nothing fabulous.

We've just stepped out of the basement lift when a pink vision hit us! A pink Peugeot! I'm not sure what's the model, but the owner had it sprayed painted into a super sweet PINK!


I must say it was not the usual biang pink, it was quite tastefully done so it looked really nice. Car makers should add a pink range into the usual boring range of car colours.
Cobby wanted to taste the spaghetti I made for Some the other day, so I quickly prepared the ingredients when I got home while my new laptop awaits my attention patiently in the living room. When I finally got to my new toy, it was like unwrapping presents for christmas!
Even the wrapper is pink...
It was absolutely beautiful... Introducing, PINKY...

My pink ensemble... Haha

I spent most of my weekend playing with it. I LOVE IT! THANK YOU COBBY!!!

Sunday was a pretty relaxing day, we ate bak chang for breakfast, laze around, read newspapers, watch tv and DVDs, update blog (on pinky). Then Cobby cook instant noodles for me and Soba (Japanese cold noodles) for himself. The genius cooked the WHOLE packet of noodles, resulting in a HUGE bowl of cold noodles. I stopped eating my instant noodles to help him finish, obviously we cannot finish. But it was good! Would probably buy again - next time I'll cook. -_-

I spent the whole day in the house, so I thought it would be good to go out for a nice dinner. I suggested the hawker at Changi village cause I saw Makansutra recommend this delicious looking Nasi Ayam Penyet (Mashed Fried Chicken). I've never tried it before, so off we went.

The hawker was packed with people! We walked around, looking for the store, only to find out that actually, many stores sell nasi ayam penyet! Oops, which one was the recommended one? We just picked one that looked ok and settled down for dinner.


It was pretty good, crispy yummy skin, moist and tender flesh. Not much meat though... The chilli was good, but not spicy enough. The rice was the regular chicken rice. Still not really full, so I got an additional chicken wing from the nasi lemak store and Cobby ordered some yummy chicken satay. It's delicious! Wah we had a full chicken feast - all chicken! Hahaha...

After dinner we went for a walk to changi beach. It was absolutely fabulous and wonderful! It was a cloudless, windy night with bright moonlight, so you can see the moonlight reflect on the waters. We strolled on the beach, holding hands, talking, so romantic! Hee hee... sigh, what a great way to end the weekend.

I look forward to many more of these walks with you as we grow old together dear! :)

No comments: