Friday, January 18, 2008

Quick Updates

I havn't have much time and opportunity to blog recently, but there's so much that happened in the past 2 weeks! Sigh, so this is just a quick update. I'll elaborate when I feel like it later.



Thank goodness we chose to come back on a Saturday! I have to say... "I LOVE MY BED!!"



On Sunday morning (6 Jan), after a good night sleep, met up with sis and parents for breakfast at Chinatown. After that we went to ViVo and found some good cantonese movies DVDs from the 80's at the Giant Supermarket - only $6.90! Wah grab man - (verdict: very clear, in original cantonese language - GOOD)



Then we went to Daiso and bought alot of stuff! Some stuff that I really liked was the super cute plates, my flower pots with a cat print on them and also my super cute fish tank ornaments, all at $2 each. Happy...



Super cute right! They float!


We bid farewell to my sis and parents after Daiso as I have to rush off for my driving lessons. I was abit nervous as I didn't have lessons for close to a month already, but fortunately, it was pretty good. We focused on right turns and changing lanes that day. My main weakness was always forgetting to check blind spots. Sigh...


Hit the ground running and worked feverishly the pass week. Lots to do yah... On wednesday (9 Jan) we finally decided on signing up with StarHub MaxOnline. So went to Plaza Singapura after work to do it. Yeah I'm proud to be a HUB CLUBBER - I'm a happy customer of Starhub mobile, cable and maxonline. (got discount on all 3 bills! Heeheee...) Was anxious to get everything set up, but have wait a week for the wireless router, so we decided to wait till we get our router to get all hooked up.


Went for my annual performance appraisal interview on the 11 Jan. Sadly didn't do very well this year, I'm doing something new this year so I'm sort of a greenhorn. Kinnda sad cuz I hate it when I'm not good. Super demoralised when you found out that your best is still not good enough. Worse when your manager said that someone commented that I didn't do much this year. Just because the things I do aren't very loud and visible doesn't mean I'm not doing much!


OK lah, then I should be like some people in the office:

1. When boss around, act super busy and productive

2. Little work - no problem! Just keep making alot of noise like "Aiyoh I'm so busy! I'm so busy! Don't disturb me! I'm SO BUSY!!!"


I was so angry, I went back to my cubicle and threw away almost EVERTHING on my table.




Then I was still angry, so I punched the living daylights out of my poor cushion. It was pretty theraputic. Strangely, the comment really got my fire burning. It reminds me of my primary 5 form teacher. She said "YOU WILL NEVER PASS YOUR EXAM" right in my face. I passed with flying colours that year, just to prove that I can.


BEE-OTCH.


I hate her and her stupid curly hair. Wish I could set her hair on fire.


Anyway, after work wanted to go to the museum to see the sculptures from The Louvre, but we ended up eating buffet at the Rendevous Hotel. Hahaha... by the time we finish, the exhibition was closed.


On a happier note, went for my sis's farewell party on Saturday (12 Jan). Reached there early to help her prepare the BBQ food. It was quite fun really, I bought my old canon camera over and was shocked at how bulky it was and how small the LCD screen was. After using dad's slim Samsung camera, I can't imagine I was using this dinosaur all this time. Hmm time to get a new camera? Hehe... The party was fun, I'm so gonna miss these get together's at my sis's place in future.





Went for driving lesson on Sunday (13 Jan). Yah since I missed so many lessons I have to pack my schedule all the way to March. It was an exciting lesson! We learned U turn! Outside I was very calm, but inside I was like "EEeeeeeeee" all the way till I finsh the U turn. Whoo Hoo! What a rush! Can't wait for my next lesson - Slopes. Kanna complained about my blind spots again. How! I keep forgetting to check! Hope I don't fail just because of this stupid thing.



We went to the the Museum again in the evening and realised that the exhibition was only open until 6pm! But the free admission Living galleries were still open, so we only have time to browse for awhile before they closed too. DUH, close so early! But the newly renovated museum was really good and interesting! Will definitely go again soon. You should go too!

On a side note - I was super sad that I didn't get to take my wedding photos inside the museum because it was really beautiful inside. I can envision myself in my gorgeous gown at so many spots! If you want, (sob...) remember to request for permission to take photograph via their website!







Went for Waraku for dinner after that and it was a great dinner as usual. Cobby and I love that place.




On the early morning of 15 Jan, my brother in law was happily having PT exercise with his men at Changi beach barefooted when he suddenly stepped into a hook-like "stick". The "stick" pierce through his right foot from below and went through the right side of the foot. Shocked and thinking that it was a tree branch, he tried to pull the "stick" out, not knowing that it was a rusty metal rod. When he failed and the pain shot through his body, he asked his men to take him to the hospital. There he was bandaged (together with the rod sticking out of his foot)





Gross....!!!!!



My sis rushed down and they waited for more than 6 hours before finally wheeling him into the operating theatre to remove the rod. The rabbit came out of the operation fit and happy. (probably due to the huge amount of morphine in his system) So now they have moved to A1 ward cuz this was considered "injury sustained during training" - Shiok man.



Earlier we received a call from the hospital asking if my mom was interested in moving her surgery date from March to 30 Jan. After some consideration, we decided that it would be great to get it over and done with. So, I arranged leave to accompy mom for her pre-admission check up. So wednesday (16 Jan) I accompanied my mom to her pre-admission check up - I must have stepped on poo the day before or something cuz NOTHING WENT RIGHT!



1. Woke up at 8.05am - suppose to meet mom at the hospital at 8am

2. Got a nasty taxi driver - paid a whopping $24 for the drive there that took forever to reach

3. Mom got a crazy high blood pressure! The staff nurse's eyes went O_O Gave her a letter to be read by her GP doctor at the polyclinic - to up the blood pressure medication dosage. Like kanna a letter by principle for the parent...

4. On the way to see bro-in-law after the appointment, mom left all the hospital documents and letter in the MRT train. -_-"' called hospital, called SMRT. Pray.

5. Suggest I accompany her to polyclinic on that day to see doc and convey hospital message to him. But since her appointment is next day, her files are not with the clinic (it was a temporary clinic - original under renovation), so can't see doctor, too many people anyway. So the nurse at Polyclinic suggest I just write the doctor a letter. fine...

6. After dinner Cobby and I went to Funan to collect our router. Went all the way there and the shop is closed.



-_- Enough said right....



Also... My hair looks like, I quote, "被狗咬" (bitten by a dog). It does look pretty sucky. Wanted to go to the hairdresser on wednesday, but didnt make it due to all that was happening.



Yesterday finally collected my router! But didn't have time to set up last night cause I was preparing for today's lunch. But that's another story for another day. ALSO... Miss coco would very soon be the owner of a brand new, baby pink VGN-CR23G!!


I can't wait to blog on this baby!!!! Whoo Hooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!


This morning said goodbye to sis via sms. She's just going over to HK for a week to settle her accomodation, then she'll be back next week until after Chinese New Year, then it's really farewell already. SOB... SOB... SOB...!

So that's all for my long-short summary for the past week or so. Peace.

No comments: