Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Ode to Heath Ledger

I was on my way to work as usual this morning when I heard the news on the radio that Heath Ledger was found dead and his death may be related to drugs. When I heard the news I stopped. "did she said Heath Ledger was dead??" Then I paused and thought. Heath Ledger.... the Brokeback Mountain actor??!! I was absolutely shocked as he was only 28 and was one of my favourite actor!

Apparently he was found dead and they suspect it may be due to drugs. They even suspect suicide! He didn't looked someone who abused drugs so that's another surprise to me. It's so sad as I always see him as a good actor who starred in good power movies. I wonder why this happened...

These are the movies that I've watched starring Heath Ledger:


10 Things I Hate About You (1999)

The Patriot (2000)

A Knight's Tale (2001)

Monster's Ball (2001)

Brokeback Mountain (2005)

He's also starring as the dark and sinister Joker in the upcoming Dark Knight, a sequel to Batman Begins.


Strangely, the photos of The Joker is a eerie reminder of the late Brandon Lee, the son of Bruce Lee who died on the set of the movie of the Crow...



Maybe it's just inauspicious to make up your face to look like a dead man..?

Anyway, rest in peace Heath Ledger...

Read more about the case here

No comments: