Friday, January 25, 2008

Lunch time inspiration

Just came back from lunch with my best pal Colene. Meeting got abit late this morning so by the time we finish, most people have already made lunch arrangements. Anyway, it's been awhile since I've had lunch with her, so we head to YI. Err... For those readers that are a little slow, Colene is none other than me. Yes, I have lunch alone today. Hahaha...


Alot of people seemed shocked that I would have lunch alone. Then pity would follow after that, "Oh poor Colene, no one to have lunch with..." Actually, I chose to have lunch alone. In fact, I truely enjoyed it really. Guess I'm one of those wierd individuals who are perfectly comfortable being alone.


Anyway, I had a crazy craving for pasta, so I ate pasta with meat sauce at Munching Monkeys after settling my TV licence at the Post office at YI. It's not mind-blowing delicious, but it's not bad either. :) Read the New Paper while eating - man that paper have so many interesting articles! Tabloid news that you seldom see on the more serious newspapers, so I was totally engrossed in it even after I've finished my pasta.


After lunch I decided to take the longer route back to office. My office building is located within the premise of National University of Singapore (NUS). The university has been around for about a decade, so all the trees around the area are all very big, old and so beautiful. The stroll back to office was very nice, it's so peaceful looking at the trees in the afternoon sun.. The sun is bright, but the shade from the huge trees provide a lovely shade. There's a warm breeze blowing, the crickets were chirping, the birds were singing... Sigh... So comfortable! Feel like lying down on a grassy patch and take an afternoon nap. (the ants would probably eat me alive though..haha..)


Passed by a gardener weeding the shurbs, and we greeted each other hello. He seems happy even though he's working in the hot afternoon sun... Even saw a pair of spotted neck pigeon just before I reach the building. I think they are a great representative of fidelity. Spotted neck pigeons seldom hang out in a group like the other pigeons, usually they are alone, or in pairs. So next time you see one, you'll probably find another one nearby. So sweet right... Kindda like Cobby and I. We don't have a big social group, but we have each other :)


So it's a nice thought as I strolled back into the air conditioned building and got back to my cubicle. I feel more refreshed and ready after some good-old fresh air. Now back to work I go!

No comments: