Monday, January 28, 2008

Dinner Party for 6 and a half

Got lots to do on Saturday so we were up and out of the house by 8.15am!


This year we would be expecting to give ang paos to the little ones during Chinese New Year, so we'll need to change new notes at the bank before we have breakfast. We were shocked when we arrived just 15min after the bank opened - the bank was so full, people were queuing outside of the bank! Later we realized that if you drew cash from the ATM and exchange them for new notes inside the bank, the queue is actually shorter. So we managed to get our new notes pretty quickly. Ha!


Had a quick breakfast at the coffeeshop next door before moving to Carrefour at Suntec. Usually I would buy my fresh produce from the wet market, but we had some vouchers, so I thought that it would be a great opportunity to use it. So we were happily piling up the trolley with food, detergent, shampoo, blah blah blah... Wah we ended up buying so much we have to fork out an extra S$95! no money liao...


By the time we reached home it's around 12 plus, so I cooked Korean instant noodles for Cobby and I for lunch and we watched "The Longest Yard" DVD while we ate. I have got to get that DVD because it is super hilarious.


After the movie we started cleaning up the house because it was not in a state to meet guests... Hahaha...


It was great; they were one of the first few people that we invited over to our home for dinner. Russell, Ting Ting's 19month son was the most handsome little boy I know. And of course, two of my closest friend was FINALLY getting engaged, so Ting and I were super happy for the couple. They were great for each other right from the start, but like most things in life, sometimes you have to walk a big circle before coming back to the starting point and settling down with your one true love.


We had a great time eating, drinking, chatting and playing. I love watching people eat the food that I cook, it's very satisfying. Unfortunately the fresh food that we bought from Carrefour was not very good. Overall, dinner was ok... But I think I will stick to the wet market next time. Hope we can do it again before Ting goes back to Australia in Feb.


When they left, I took a long hot shower, relaxed on my sofa and fell asleep around 11.45pm. Hmm entertaining guests can be pretty tiring! But I'm really looking forward to entertaining more friends and family in the near future!

No comments: