Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Playing Hostess

Some friends from work came over to my humble home last Saturday for lunch, so Cobby and I work up early and headed to the market for breakfast and do some grocery shopping.

I cooked chicken curry, stir fry vegetables with mushrooms, gyoza and Cobby made some steam prawns with XO sauce and Ben & Jerry's ice cream for dessert. It was a good choice as it was quite easy to make and yet delicious. So I got Cobby to clean up the house abit while I cook. I think it went pretty well as all the food was polished off! Haha...

After lunch we played mahjong, and I experienced my first lost since CNY :P Some won the most money I think, but its ok, the game was filled with jokes and laughter. It was still early in the day so Cobby and I hopped over to mom's place for 2nd round of mahjong as sis and my bro-in-law, clarence was there too. We were walking to the car on the way to mommy's place when I realise that we didn't take a single photo! What a shame...

Clarence, cobby, mommy and I played another 2 rounds before we called it a day. Different crowd, different playing style, but just as enjoyable. Went home and realise that the house is still pretty clean. Guess my guests are pretty clean and neat.

The weather the next day was very hot, so Cobby just causually asked me if I wanted to have some ice cream later.

My eyes went O_O

ICE CREAM! I totally forgot about serving the ice cream yesterday! Oops... Oh well, I'll just have to finish both tubs of ice cream myself. Hahahaha....

No comments: