Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Sunday with the Moms

My driving course includes a lesson on the driving simulator, so I went for that single class on Sunday. We had yummy mee soto for breakfast before going for my class, it was such a nice morning, cool and breezy, yet bright and sunny. Makes you sigh in relieve...



The driving simulator class was very interesting! The simulator let's you experience scenarios that is too dangerous in real life, usually resulting in accidents. It's really cool as the instructor has total control, like replay in slow motion and showing the accident in different views. Honestly, it's abit difficult to drive the simulator as it's just different from a real car. But it's fun! Like going to the arcade, and also a great learning experience.

After class we picked up both our moms and went to the temple at waterloo street to pray. Mommy wanted to thank the gods for a smooth operation (her knee), Cobby have to pray as this year he 犯太岁. I accompanied mom everywhere as the temple was so crowded and I was afraid that somebody may bump into her. She insists that her knee was ok but I wasn't taking any chances.

While mom was praying I started praying too. I got a little emotional as I prayed for family harmony, good health and happiness for the ones I love. That's all I ever wanted. I put on my smile again as mom finished and we went out to meet Cobby and his mom. (too crowded, got separated) When we got out Cobby and his mom was somewhere else praying, so mom suggested that I get some blessing too. So even though I didn’t犯太岁, I went to get my blessing.

This is the first time that I’ve experienced this so it was quite a scary experience. A lady writes your name, age and address on something like an incense paper, and then her helper brings you to a shop nearby. Inside there’s a deity table with a few others waiting to be blessed. When it’s your turn, you take some incense sticks, kneel down and she started chanting and flapping the paper on your shoulder. “Beating” away your bad luck and evil spirits. I can’t really understand what she’s chanting, but generally its blessings. Good luck, good fortune, health, career, etc…

After the pretty erm… interesting experience, we went for lunch. Mom recommended this soya sauce chicken that is absolutely delicious! Tucked away in a corner coffee shop, we had to queue for so long before we got our order. When we finally got to eat, we gobbled down half the plate before I realize that I haven’t taken a picture of the food! DUH not again! Nevermind, half a plate is better then none.



The chicken is very tender (even the breast meat!), juicy and the soya sauce is delicious! Best of all, it’s pretty reasonably priced. Half a chicken, three plates of rice, a plate of vegetable for only $20.50. Fragrant Sauce Chicken Rice and Noodles, definitely a must try!

After lunch mom wanted to buy some winter inner wear for sis and herself, so we headed to the OG. Along the way there were so many stores selling flowers, juicing machines, vegetable slicing apparatus, sewage pipe cleaners, all sorts of barang barang! So lively and interesting! There’s even a big crowd watching an old uncle and his electric guitar, crooning to songs from the sixties.


After mom bought her stuff, we passed them to sis, send the mommies home and we went home to rest. Wah… what a long morning! I quickly continued my “project”. It’s almost done, here’s a sneak peek.

No comments: