Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I watched Cloverfield...



I think the movie aired on the big screen sometime in January, but we didn't catch it. So we rented the DVD the other day.

I must say, I really enjoyed it!

Well, we knew very little about the movie, so we're hoping that it didn't turn out to be some silly monster movie with a typical stupid ending. In fact, Cobby said that if the movie turned out to be a stupid one, we'll break the disc in half... Then I have to remind him that it's a rental, so we can't do that.

Anyways...

Like I said, I really enjoyed it!

You know how big action movies are like right, every story was shown through the eyes of the the hero, which usually is some dude in the military, some cop, some scientist, well, just experts who knew what they were dealing with. Yawn...

So for once here's a movie from the point of view of people like you and I. You know, the screaming people who are always in the back ground, not knowing what or why this is happening.

The ending is not what I expected, but... I like it. It's different. It's shown mostly through a moving camera (think blair witch project) so in some way, I'm glad that I didn't see it on the big screen. Or else, CONFIRM PUKE. Yup, so go check it out the Cloverfield DVD. Not bad.

See their cool website with trailer here

No comments: