Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The weekend Sis came home

Sis came back on the 3 July, so almost the whole weekend was spent with the family. It's nice, feels like before.

We had a complete family lunch on Saturday at my mom's place, I think that last time was during Chinese New Year. It was great. We chatted so much. Later that night we had steamboat dinner at Weiye's (sis's brother-in-law) place, which was a common gathering between the mahjong kakis and my sister's in-laws side of people.

Well, since Sis left for HK, we never had a gathering. Sad right... Somehow sis is like the glue that connects everybody together. Without her around, it seems wierd for me to hang out with her in-law family right..? So anyways, it was a fun night too.

I tried my hand at mahjong while Cobby sent my parents home 1st. But I quickly let him take over when he came back as the game was too stressful for me to continue.

Why stressful?

Crazy MJ kaki 1 : So how much are we playing for?

CoCo & MJ kaki 2 :Play small small loh, not too expensive...

Crazy MJ kaki 1: Orh ok then, we'll play small small, 50 cent/1 dollar, limit 8 Tai.


-_-"


There was a momentarily 3 second pause at the table before we erupted in protest and hysterical laughter loh! HOW ON EARTH is 50 cent/1 dollar, limit 8 Tai SMALL SMALL??? MJ kaki 1 was also laughing so hard as she didn't realise that her definition of SMALL SMALL was so much for us mere mortals.

So after laughing for a while we reduced the bets by a little 50 cent/1 dollar, limit 5 Tai. Hua - 1/2 dollars. Still very high leh, but nevermind lah. For those who are not sure how much that is, this is a breakdown.

1 Tai - $1.00 / $2.00
2 Tai - $2.00 / $4.00
3 Tai - $4.00 / $8.00
4 Tai - $8.00 / $16.00
5 Tai - $16.00 / $32.00

Furthermore, we have a rule of 谁打谁包. Which means who ever throws the winning tile have to pay for the other two. E.g. if I throw a tile and MJ kaki 1 wins 5 Tai, I have to fork out $64.00. So you have to be VERY careful of what you throw. But if you are careful enough, you may not have win many games, but at least you don't have to go home broke.

Anyway, I'm not as good as those buggers, so I quickly left the game when Cobby came back. (sweat~) Oh well, luckily for me, Lord Of The Rings - The Return Of The King was on tv, so I watched the show with the hubbies of the 2 MJ kakis in the living room. Less stressful and more enjoyable! Haha...

We were meeting parents for breakfast the next day, so I asked Cobby to leave early. We were glad we left early really. Besides, we learnt a new route to travel back home so we were snuggled in our warm bed within an hour! Fast right... shiok. Haha...

Met parents, bro & sis at Chinatown for breakfast the next morning. Man... it must have been years since we came to chinatown for breakfast as a family. So it was nice too. After that we went to buy some deco stuff for Bro's wedding. Actually hor, guy side wedding quite boring. When you're at the bride side, you have to buy and prepare SO MANY THINGS. For the guy side, we just bought some 喜喜 to stick on the walls, some red drapes for the door and.... thats all! That's quick.

So after that we went VIVO to jalan jalan, bought some stuff before heading back home with Cobby while the rest went their seperate ways.

I only got to sleep about 6-7 hours last night? So naturally I dozed off on the sofa with soft the afternoon breeze blowing into the living room. Shiok man... So... yah, it was a good weekend.

No comments: