Monday, August 25, 2008

How it all started

Sometimes I don’t understand how some woman can be so lucky/unlucky (depends on how you see it right) when it comes to pregnancy. It’s actually not very easy to get pregnant you know? In fact, due to a miscalculation, our honeymoon trip didn’t really achieve its main objective.

Oh well, it was a trip to remember anyways. If only I had done my homework earlier, then I would have had a Paris baby! Sigh… Ok lah, Singapore baby is just as nice :)
For those who wanna try for a baby, basically this is how it works.

About 14 days after your period:

15th day – a little fertile
16th day – more fertile
17th day – VERY fertile!
Day you ovulate… SUPER FERTILE
24-48 hours later… window closes.

So every month you have just have 5-6 effective days to get busy with your hubby! His sperm can live in your body for 4-5 days, so… get to work! Haha… So after I got my calculation right, I was quite confident about getting a baby… And true enough, day for my period came and went but…. NO MENSTRATION! Good Sign!

That was the worst few days of my life. We’ve faced disappointments before, so I didn’t allow myself to think of the possibility that we could really be pregnant! But every day you wonder if your menstruation was coming or not and at the end of each day, you can’t help but give a silent whoop! in your heart. So for the first month I kept silent, I didn’t want to tell Cobby that I’m late until I’m quite sure. He just can’t take disappointing news well lah, so let's spare him.

So after a month I finally told him that I’ve missed my period for a month, with an added disclaimer that I could just be late, or we could be pregnant. He was naturally very happy, but also understood my disclaimer note. So we’ve decided that we’ll wait for another month before taking the pharmacy pregnancy test.

We bought the test at the pharmacy, the two in a box type. (just to be sure...)



We didn’t test it until late in the evening, after dinner and shower. We wanted to prepare ourselves mentally I guess. Actually by then we were more or less decided that I should be pregnant, I mean, if I’m not, then there must be something wrong with me! But it was quite nerve wrecking anyway as the test would be an actual confirmation to our suspicions.

After a minute we looked into the stick together and saw......






A POSITIVE SIGN!!!!!!!!!!!

For me, it was a sudden gush of happiness, aweness, excitement, unbelievable, relief and a little bit of fear!

Cobby just danced around the bedroom cheering and laughing... Hahaha...



Then we hugged and kissed and laughed and danced around some more. I told him that I should do one more test to be sure, but this time round we knew what was coming, so we got another positive sign.



YEEEAAAHHH….!!! We’re gonna become parents! It was such an unbelievable moment of truth.

We are having a baby!

No comments: