Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Project Green Fingers

I'm thinking of ways to spruce up my little garden, which has been a little neglected for awhile now. Currently I've got a nice pot of curry leaves, so I thought maybe I should expand my eidible plants in my little garden.

My sad little garden...


I dug out some left over chilli padis and calamasi from my fridge, got their seeds out and put them out to dry. When they're dried I'll plant them myself!



I know some of you must be thinking why on earth would I want to plant my own chilli and calamasi?! These stuff is like super cheap when you buy them from the market. 50cents can buy you a huge handful! Besides, if I'm really feeling adventurous, I can easily buy the chilli or calamasi plant from a nursery anyway.

WHY AM I TORTURING MYSELF BY PLANTING THEM MYSELF USING SEEDS!!??

Answer is: Because I can!

I mean, wouldn't it be great if I actually succeed and plant my own chilli!? Whenever I need some chilli, I'll just walk to my balcony and pluck some! Cool! OK it may not work, but try lah! Very free to do stupid stuff anyway! Hahaha...

On top of my chilli and calamasi, I wanted a pot of Pandan leaves plant too, who's scientific name is Pandanus amaryllifolius by the way... (learn something new today huh!) But since I don't know how to plant this from scratch, I'll just have to go buy the plant! Hehe..

I'll try to blog down the progress of my planting project, so keep those green fingers crossed and hopefully this works! Cheers~

No comments: