Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Mothership : Captain's Log (II)

9 July 2008, Wednesday

I finally told sis about the pregnancy. From the day she came back on the 3 July 2008, I was trying to get some alone time with her so that I can break the news to her. But the 万人迷 (miss popular) has been so busy! How to break the news to her??

Yesterday we were alone when we walked pass a grandmother carrying a very small infant. She exclaimed “The baby is so smaaaaaalll….!” That’s when I thought was the perfect moment. So I just blurted out “By the way, I’m pregnant.” Her face went for a few moments as she struggled to control herself from screaming in public.

Haha… after that it was no stop questions “when… how long…” it was all very exciting. She kept repeating that she’s SO happy but we agreed that we shouldn’t tell anybody about it as it was only less than 3 months.

Oh my god it was such a relief to tell her everything! Until then only me and Cobby knew about the baby and as happy as I am to share this little joy with Cobby, I really longed to share it with a female companion. Someone who can offer some advise and guidance to an otherwise very lost and confusing times.

Of course, it’s always more fun to squeal in delight with a female companion, even better when she’s my sister. After the initial excitement, she was back to her naggy self, complaining that I shouldn’t have carried heavy stuff earlier during the day. Haha… I really can’t wait till the 3 months is over, then I can shout it to the whole world! YES I’M PREGNANT!!



14 July 2008, Monday(10 weeks preggy)

I am exhausted.

According to the things I read on the internet, magazines, books, etc. During the first few weeks of pregnancy, the mummy would constantly feel very tired as the body is practically working overtime to create the most amazing changes inside!

From hormonal changes, muscle changes and of course, creating tissues, organs, bone structures and a brain for the baby inside of me! Isn’t that amazing???? So as I’m typing this, my body is creating a placenta to protect the baby. Best of all, the bones are starting to harden, he/she learns to eat, and he/she would even yawn to exercise his/her jaw muscles! COOL~! Read more here

Anyway, like I said, I’m constantly exhausted. Most of the time I just wanted to lie down and rest. I don’t know if it’s really the case of because of the pregnancy? Or is it due to the 98% cut in caffeine intake. (2% = tea) Maybe it’s the combination of both.

Yawn… I wanna go home…

No comments: