Saturday, November 14, 2009

Jolie's Update

Just took some photos the other day, so thought I post it as random update on how baby has grown.

Jolie's 9 months old now, so far has 4 teeth, 5th one coming out soon I think. Many times I would look at her in amazement. When did my little baby grew up to be so big? She’s grown very tall, taller than most babies her age, but not as chubby.



We've lowered her cot all the way to the lowest deck as she can easily stand up now. Here the railing is lowered. If pulled up, it will be at her chest.

Her hair is a mess! It's not very thick, because we didn't shave her head when she was an infant, but now it's quite long and irregular in length. Everybody kept nagging me to give her a haircut, but I wanted to wait awhile more, till it's longer before trimming it.

She doesn't like to wear things on her head, which explains why there aren't any photos of her in hats or hairbands. This is just for taking photo, she pulled it off a few minutes later. But doesn't she look more girlie? Plus it keeps her hair off her face and ears. :P



Right now she's in her "pointing" stage.



She points at everything, anything and everyone. When we go for a stroll, she would point up and down, and I would address anything she points. Tree, bush, leaves, etc. She's fascinated by animals, she gets real excited when she spots birds and cats. She'll make excited Mmm! Mmm! noises, flap her arms and points.

She reminds me of those plants that trap insects. She would look all innocent and adorable, pointing out her finger at you. You would be drawn into pointing back at her too, some unexplainable force making you want to make a connection with her, to touch her fingertip. But the moment you do that, she'll grab your finger and before you know it, pull your finger into her mouth and sink her little teeth into it!



Yah sounds scary, but I'm used to it. She's always biting me! Worse is when she bites and pull, like she's trying to tear out my flesh. I think my T-shirt is bound to tear one day. Our sofa's not so lucky, she bit a hole on it!



Other than that, she's an angel, making people smile everywhere she goes. She still wakes up a few times at night, not a very sound sleeper like most babies are. So technically I haven't slept through the night for about 8 months. Yah.

Now we are all waiting for her to say her 1st word. Most of the time she's just making noises like "Buuu..." or her current favourite, "Bua, Bua, bua, bua". Hope that she says MaMa 1st!



She's also very mobile now. She can crawl, stand up for a few seconds unaided and very slowly move around by supporting herself using the sofa, table, railing, etc. Soon she'll be walking and that would mean more exciting days ahead for baby and Mommy! :S

No comments: