Sunday, November 1, 2009

Rent It

Just read an article on the Sunday Times, titled "Rent and Rave". It's about the rental market in SIngapore and it ranges from clothing to cars and even toys.

I have a wedding dinner coming up in November and I love dressing up for dinners. A celebrity I am not, but I just don't like to wear the same dress over and over again! It's so boring! So the part of the article that suggest renting an evening gown was especially appealing to me. I know dresses can be rented, but I didn't really considered renting a dress before! So now I have several evening dresses that I've worn only a few times, cramped up in my wardrobe.

There are also shops that rents maternity dresses. Maybe next time I'm pregnant I can check those out. When I was pregnant, I really wanted to buy all those pretty maternity clothes. But maternity clothes are quite pricey and I can only wear them for about a few months? I just can't bear to splurge... I think this rental idea is great!

Car rental is quite common, but did you know that you can rent toys too? I thought it's a good idea because children get bored with their toys in a matter of months. If you rent it, not only is it cheaper than buying, but you get so much more variety! But personally I wouldn't rent toys for Jolie, if you have a kid you would know that children can be quite messy with their toys. Who knows if they sterilise their toys properly or not? It just sounds quite gross.

Anyway, I'm gonna check out the evening dress rental shop. Hope I'll find something I like.

Stores featured in the article:
i-dazzle
Maternity Exchange

No comments: