Saturday, December 26, 2009

Boxing Day

We left Jolie with Mom on boxing day so that Cobby and I can go out for a walk! When we reached Ngee Ann City it was way pass lunch time. There's several Japanese restaurant at level 4 of Ngee Ann City and we noticed that this Chikuyotei Dining was the only one without a queue. It looks cosy inside and the menu looks really good, so we gave it a try!

Turns out that their specialty was eel but they were promoting Wagyu Beef and their Hokkaido seafood specials that month, so I ordered a Wagyu Beef Sukiyaki while Cobby ordered the King Crab set meal. Both set cost $48.00. SO LUXURIOUS~! But it's Christmas! Let's enjoy!

Cobby's King Crab set, with King Crab rolls, king crab chawanmushi, king crab salad, fried king crab and steamed king crab! There's also a miso soup that tasted GREAT!



Pretty awesome, but what's even more awesome was my WAGYU BEEF Sukiyaki~!



Oh My God that must have been the BESTEST sukiyaki I've ever had. Hands down! Look at the marbling of the meat, it was pure heaven. Each slice was about the size of my face! When I put the whole slice into my mouth, I can't talk. But then again, it was SO GOOD, I really CANNOT talk. Besides, when it comes to Wagyu, the flavour would just keep on coming with every chew. So, don't gobble mindlessly! Chew slowly and enjoy~

I ate every single thing. (except the cutlery) :)

After the super fantastic meal, (burp) we walked around taka. We wanted to buy a new pair of Hush Puppies for Cobby, but we didn't know that the store at Taka has closed. So we headed to another outlet in Suntec. Unfortunately the ones that Cobby liked - no stock! Too bad, we'll just have to walk on. We passed by Royal Sporting House, but didn't think the would have casual shoes, but went in to take a look anyway.

Hey Hey! After searching high and low, we finally found a pair of Rock Port shoes. Not only does it looked good, Cobby said that it was super comfy. Best of all, it's 30% off!



I'm supposed to buy it for Cobby for his birthday, so obviously I was pretty pleased. When the cashier scanned the price tag, its 50% off! The cashier was a little confused, so she asked her supervisor, who just shrugged and said just follow the barcode. SO I GOT HALF PRICE FOR THE SHOES! BARGAIN OR NOT!!??

Original price $140+, after discount... $70+!! SO SHIOK!! Whoo Hoo!

Ahem... So it was getting late, so we went back to the food court at my Mom's place for dinner before fetching Jolie home. What a great day!

No comments: