Saturday, December 18, 2010

Jinah's Housewarming

Went to Jinah's housewarming after Jolie woke up from her nap. Her place at the famous Duxton was finally ready! I must say I was really surprised. Cobby and I actually considered Duxton during our house hunting before we got married. Looking at the show flat then, I just felt that the rooms were too tight and the price too steep for a tiny place like that.

But looking at Jinah's place really made me felt a little envious. The place looked very stylish, very modern, very clean and very neat. Even with the giant live Christmas tree taking up half the living room floor space. Suddenly my place looked like a dumpster, buried in toys and dust that I just can't seem to get rid of. It's like each time I put something away, something else would be placed there.

Anyway, the place looked great. I think she combined 2 rooms together, so the master bedroom looked very spacious. The place was quite windy too! I was sneezing away after standing in the windy corridor for 15 mins.

Apart from the disgustingly beautiful home, (Jinah, If you're reading this, I meant it as a compliment)it was great catching up with some ex-colleagues / old friends. Gillin and family was there, which totally caught me off guard as she's always busy being a full time Mom to 2 girls. Brenda was there too with her handsome little round-eyed prince.

We didn't even have the time to go up to the top deck as we have made reservations for dinner, to make up for the crappy dinner we had yesterday. So we just took one photo with the hostess and bid our farewell.



That night we ate dinner at Bistro Du Vin (finally) and called it a day.

No comments: