Sunday, December 19, 2010

Pre Xmas Lunch

Met up with some ex-colleagues for a pre xmas lunch at Centre Point shopping centre. Almost couldn't find the place as it's been so long since I've been to Orchard with my friends. The weather's not too hot today, so I wore my boots for the very 1st time in Singapore! It's not so bad, not as hot as I expected them to be. Maybe I could consider getting the knee high boots. :)

The restaurant is a Korean BBQ, so we ordered the food while waiting for Jinah to arrive. I think we need a bigger table...



Photo taking time! Sweet Chew Bee...



Me and Poh Ling with my bean soup that was too salty...



And our Miss Jinah, who was always ready to pose for a photo! (she just arrived...)



A group photo of the girls.
Girls: Why didn't you take a photo of us with the (Christmas) tree?
Me: Can lah, can lah, see? There are lots of trees behind.



After checking out a new shopping outlet opened by BHG (where we used to work), which was very sad and quiet btw, we said goodbye to Chew Bee who had a manicure appointment. Then we had coffee at Spinelli's, which had a great Al fresco location.



I'm always surprised at how much I enjoy going out with them. We seemed to have a never ending stream of conversation flowing through us, even though we weren't even in the same click when I was working at Seiyu.



Hours passed and I felt a little guilty leaving Cobby at home taking care of Jolie himself. But I was so unwilling to leave! It's so nice to be in Orchard Road on a Sunday afternoon with a few girlfriends. The weather was sunny but yet breezy enough to be outside. Since Poh Ling wanted to take some photos of the Christmas decorations, and Jinah's meeting her hubby at CK Tangs, we could slowly walk together!

We sort of took our time, checking out some stores, buying silly Xmas hats, enjoying the moment before finally saying goodbye!



Nowadays my visits to Orchard were always through the comforts of Cobby's car, so it was quite a shock to the system squeezing through the Sunday crowd. So many tourists, locals doing their Christmas shopping and foreign workers and philippino maids enjoying their day off. There were people everywhere!!!

So it was a welcoming sight when I finally got back to Sembawang, my little 'village', quiet, peaceful, children and Mothers relaxing in the park on the way home.



Sigh... as much as I enjoyed my little girl's outing, it's good to be back home. :)

No comments: