Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Church Wedding

A university classmate invited me to her church wedding and I was delighted to go! This was my 2nd church wedding ever, 1st time was Cobby friend. I'm not sure if I ever mention this before, but I'm a real sucker for weddings. I guess I'm a romantic who has watched too many Hollywood movies! :) The wedding has alot of processes, so here are just some of the hightlights.

This sounds silly, but I was a little excited to be there. It was grand church, very bright, new and clean. We don't know anybody there, so we just sat there and read the bible. Oh my Christians friends would be so happy for us, but we were just curious. It's like reading a story book really, the chapter on Genesis.



After awhile the procession started. And I was so happy for her! She looked so beautiful and happy! Reminded me of my wedding day. :)



A wedding dress with a long train is PERFECT for church weddings...



Then comes the singing of the hymns. Cobby was a St. Andrew boy, so he surprised me when he knew how to sing one of the songs.



Exchanging of the vows and rings.



I find this part quite meaningful. When the bride came in, she was led in by her father on her left and given to the groom, which was on her right. After the exchanging of rings, they switch places, signifying from now on, the husband would take the father's place on her left, and also take over the role to love and care for her. So touching right?! Sob sob...



The two emcees had to sing the hymns. The lady was OK, but guy was singing like he's auditioning for Singapore Idol. So drama! It's so funny, but I guess he's just passionate.



Overall a very enjoyable experience. It's shorter than the 1st church wedding I've been, so it's kindda short and sweet.



Somehow church weddings are just so romantic! I even know some people who would consider converting into Christianity just to have a Church wedding. I think that is SO SHALLOW! Anyway, I really love it. Congratulations to the happy couple!

No comments: