Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentines' Day 2011

It's Valentine's Day again! It's a little embarrassing, but I had forgotten to get Cobby anything for Valentine's Day this year. Makes me feel like such a selfish wife, especially since he has arranged for a nice dinner on Sunday, a day before the actual day.

To be fair, it has been pretty hectic, with Jolie's birthday party, followed by Chinese New Year. Before I know it, Valentine's Day had arrived and I didn't have any opportunity to go shop for a present! Besides, it was impossible to buy a present for Cobby! He doesn't seem to like anything! Well, the things that he might like would be impossible for me to buy, like a branded watch or a maybe a car or something. I'm out of ideas really.

So anyway, my dear sweet husband arranged a seven course dinner at a Japanese-French fusion restaurant, DOZO. So Jolie was left with MIL while we enjoy a little romantic dinner.



It's kindda funny because when we're there, the restaurant wasn't opened yet, so the customers, ALL COUPLES, stood outside waiting. After awhile we got in and got a lovely seat next to the window. The table was a little wobbly, but nothing that can't be solved with a little folded serviette.



So we ordered our food and started eating. Nah, no alcohol that night, this was just something to cleanse the pallet in between meals. Wonder why there wasn't any drinks menu that night?



So while eating I asked if he had gotten me any present. I was hoping for a "NO" as it would lighten my guilt a little. But a cheeky "I don't know?" response was a definite yes. So even as I was feeling a little more guilty, I couldn't help but become more and more curious. I'm always quite good at spoiling surprises, so Cobby has been getting more and more careful on not giving me too many information. So we spent the next few courses discussing clues about the gift, until Cobby stopped the game as he didn't want me to spoil the surprise.

My tempura "fan" that comes with my main course. Cute!



The meal ended with a delicious chocolate fondant cake and Jasmine tea. For a full details of my delicious meal, click here.



When we got back, I immediately asked for my present. Why wait? Look at the cute wrapping paper... :)



I was guessing a new handphone, so when I saw the label on the box, I was a little disappointed. Huh? Jewelery again? (Chey~ I sound like a little spoilt bitch hor~) But then the curiosity lingers, what could be in such a big box?



When I opened a little box inside, I gasped in surprise.



A heart shaped diamond ring! I was so touched and happy as I have wanted a heart shaped diamond ring since I saw the one that Xiaxue got for her engagement. I thought it was so cute and unique and nagged that I wanted one too. Of course, it's not as 'bling' as Xiaxue one but I was happy at the fact that not only did he actually heard my grumblings, he even remembered it and made an effort to go look for it for V-Day! (it had to be ordered from Germany or something, so it took awhile to actually get the ring ready.)

So it was a very Happy Valentine's Day for me. I should really find a way to make it up to him though!

No comments: