Saturday, February 5, 2011

CNY 2011 day 2 & 3

Bro said to meet in the morning for mahjong, but had to cancel as he had stayed up all night playing mj with his friends. BLAH~! So on the 2nd day we hung out at home, and only headed out to Cobby's aunt's place after Jolie woke up from her nap. Jolie wore a baby pink mandarin collar shirt with her jeans. MIL asked me why I didn't let her wear the matching pink pants. (She bought the clothes btw) I just thought that they look very much like pajamas! :P I wore a red top with my brown frilly short skirt.

Her nickname was Yishun Auntie as she lives in Yishun, so we spent the whole afternoon there. Jolie was so curious, constantly peeping at one of Cobby's cousin as he was taking a nap. She must be wondering why this person was sleeping in the middle of the day when everyone was up and about. But she was also very considered, making the "Shhhh..." sound, knowing that someone was sleeping. :)

I tried my luck at playing 钓红点, which is a card game Cobby's family love to play. This was my very 1st time playing with his family, so naturally I was very nervous. At first I was winning, but when I started losing most of Cobby's money, I quickly gave up my seat back to him. Oops, sorry dear!

After dinner we headed back home as MIL didn't want Jolie to stay up so late.

The next morning we headed to my Mom's place for mahjong session with bro. Jolie all ready to go!



Check out her new shoes!



Simple ensemble for the 3rd day.



We were early, so we started playing cards with my parents 1st. Apparently, MY MOM knew how to play 钓红点!!! I didn't know! Man, should have let her teach me instead of Cobby, at least no need to pay so much "school fees". Just when you thought you knew your parents, they surprise you again! But thankfully, the god of fortune was smiling at me, so I won $2 that morning on cards.

When bro finally arrived, (late as usual) we started playing. Dad was our reserve player that day, so he just helped anybody play whenever we need to stop for awhile. Like when Mom needed to cook, Bro needed to go toilet, me needing to put Jolie down for her nap, etc.



So we played until Jolie woke up from her nap, which was 4 plus. Not bad, won $11! Jolie posing for the camera while the rest played on...



After that we headed to Cobby's Hougang Auntie's (a.k.a. Ah Bu) place. Yes, you guessed it, she lives in Hougang. So clever! MIL was already playing mahjong there, so we just sat around. After awhile, Ah Bu chio us to play 钓红点, but since I was an amateur, we played only half price. Not bad, not bad, was pretty lucky, in the end I won $20 before stopping for dinner. YEAH!

They say I've officially graduated, so I was pretty pleased. But I think I was just lucky. Poor Cobby didn't do so well this New Year, keep losing money. But it's good! The Chinese would say that 破财挡灾. You lose money to block the bad luck, or you're not losing money, just losing away all your bad luck. I guess it's just a way to make everybody, especially the losers, feel better. :) Hohoho! Happy New Year!

No comments: