Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Baby Stuff Shopping With Mother-in-law

I took the opportunity of the Deepavali Holiday and suggested asking his mom out for dinner. She didn't expect it, so instead of the usual home cooked meal, we decided to go out for dinner.

I also wanted to give her the chance to be more involved in the pregnancy, so I suggested we go shopping for baby stuff. Naturally, she was excited. Since there's a giant Kiddy Palace newly opened in Toa Payoh - Best! Can drop by before dinner...

I have never seen my Mother in law SO EXCITED.

At Kiddy Palace, she immediately zoomed to the baby clothes section and started picking out sets after sets of baby clothes! The funny thing was, there were SO MANY shelves of clothes but she was SO EXCITED that she just stood in front of the 1st shelf she see and wouldn't move away! I kept telling her that there were more variety (much cuter and nicer ones) on the other shelves but she just wouldn't budge. In the end I had to "QC" her choices as some of the prints looked so boyish or ugly... -_-

We ended up with alot of clothes, 2 sets of mittens and booties,


a huge yet very cute bathtub


and a nice set of baby cot sheets.


Spent about $200 plus - with compliments from my mother-in-law. 謝謝 Mother!!!

Frankly I had to hold her back from buying more, because I know the clothes would be out-grown within weeks. But she kept saying, "Never mind! If she out grows them we buy some more!" Then she moved on to asking us if we want baby toys, baby chairs, etc.

On one hand, I felt so touched that my little princess is so blessed to have someone love her SO MUCH even before she's born. On the other hand, I felt like shaking my mother-in-law by the shoulders and slapping her to her senses, "CONTROL YOURSELF WOMAN!" Haha... just kidding lah...

We went to Vivo City for dinner, where I told her our plans for a build-in wardrobe in the baby room. Like sis, she wasn't too happy as she thought we shouldn't do renovation works in my condition. She even suggested that I do it when the kid is a TEENAGER so that she can do it according to her own liking. O_O siao... Anyway, I just told her that I'll get out of the house when they do the installation and I ended the conversation at that. Enough of silly theories...

After dinner we went to Mothercare at Harbourfront and I picked up a pack of 2 cot sheets. ($58.00 - SO EXP RIGHT) Mother found a set of tops on sale and bought it for princess too.



By then I was so tired that I suggested that we call it a day. What a fruitful shopping trip! Very thankful for mother for all the purchases! When we got home we dumped our bags into the baby room, together with the rest of the stuff we bought.

I told Cobby that we're like squirrels... we go out into the forest, looking for acorns (baby stuff), bring them back to our nest and store them in our nest for future baby squirrel!



If only our baby squirrel knew the amount of labour of love we put in for her! :)

No comments: