Friday, October 17, 2008

Paranoia...

Not feeling 100% lately...for the past few days, I've got this uncomfortable swelling at the side of my face. I don't want to go see a doctor and take medicine unnecessarily, so I had to live with the swelling for a few days. When the stupid thing didn't go away, I started to worry and panic.

What is it?
Why isn't it going away?
Should I wait longer?
But if I wait, what if it's bad for the baby?
OH NO! HOW! DIE!!!


So finally, with sis's advice, I called my gynea and asked if I should go to a GP or drop by to see him instead. Thankfully he said that it's probably just a swollen lymph node and I can just go see a GP. Apparently my body has been battling my recent gum infection, thus resulting in the swollen lymph nodes.

So now, I have to take a very mild form of antibiotics. Quite reluctant to take really, but since it's only 5 days worth of medication - take lor~

Another thing that keeps me on my toes lately - the little princess's movements. The way my gynea warn me so scary...

"You have to be aware of your baby's movements... If you notice a drastic reduction of movement within half a day... I want you to walk into a 24 hours emergency immediately..."

So scary... It sounded like this "your baby could die any moment in your tummy, so if you suspect anything, go to the A&E immediately" STRESS...

Don't worry, so far baby is very active! In fact, she gets more active by the week! Kicking and moving around in my belly... I usually encourage that and sing praises to her whenever she gives me a giant flying kick. Haha..

But sometimes when she becomes quiet for a period of time, I'll get super paranoid and would move around or pat my tummy abit until I feel some movements. Poor baby is probably taking a nap! Sorry lah baby, but Mummy very scared, so humour me lah hor! Heehee..

Anyway, we've already decided on a cot and the final decision was actually one from Mothercare instead of the hyperstore at Kaki Bukit. It would be delivered today and I can't wait to see it!

No comments: