Thursday, October 30, 2008

Bedsheet Crisis

I've been suffering from a bedsheet crisis since we found out that the baby cot we bought from Mothercare had a mattress that was 8cm longer than the usual baby cot! Our cot mattress was 70cm X 140cm while the typical cots out there and their bed sheets are 70cm X 132cm. -_-

We visited several children stores and all the bedsheets were 132cm! I was distressed for so long as I thought that we were resigned to buying bedsheet ONLY from Mothercare! Their sheet designs were SO limited, and worst, SUPER EXPENSIVE!

WWWWHHHHYYYY.......

Gillin suggested that I go check out Kiddy Palace as they have a wide selection of cot sheets in different sizes. After talking to her, I decided to just buy one bed set from Kiddy Palace. If the sheets don't fit, FINE, I'll just buy the sheets from Mothercare.

So the other day we went shopping with mother in law and we bought a nice pink baby cot set from Kiddy Palace.
For $142.00 (after 10% member discount - $127.80):
2 X bed bumper
1 X pillow
1 X bolster
1 X bedsheet
1 X quilt blanket

Then we went to Mothercare at Harbourfront and I picked up a pack baby cot sheets. $58.00 for 2 cot sheets. SO expensive...

Their bed set costs about $162.00, and it consist of:
1 X bed bumper (so only cover half the bed - don't ask me why)
1 X bedsheet
1 X coversheet (dunno why need to put 2 bedsheets onto 1 bed)
1 X quilt blanket

I only bought the plain sheets only, besides, I didn't find any cute designs that I like.

The next day, I just thought I try out the bed sheets from Kiddy Palace to see how the design looks like. Imagine my surprise when the 132CM BEDSHEET FITS PERFECTLY ONTO THE MATTRESS!!!




That means I can buy from anywhere! SO HAPPY LOH~! Stupid Mothercare make me so depressed for so long. After putting on the whole set of bedding, the sight of the made baby cot really tugged my heart strings...



Suddenly I was reminded that in a few months, our baby would be lying there on this cot. I was so nervous, excited and super happy all at the same time! I'm already so in love with my baby, so I really hope that I can be a good Mummy to her!

No comments: