Wednesday, October 8, 2008

MIL's Reaction to Baby's sex!

A quick update; remember that we went to my mother-in-law's place for dinner last Thursday and we had to tell her the good news that we were expecting a baby girl? Yah.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(In mandarin)

CoCo: So we went for our check up this morning and...

MIL: What?

CoCo: IT'S A GIRL!!!

MIL: Haha..! (All smiles) That's good... that's good...

CoCo: The Doctor also said that she's got very long bones, which means that she'll be quite tall!

MIL: Haha... Then she can be a supermodel someday!

Cobby: So now we have to go tease "ah-bu" (aunt) because she predicted wrongly!

MIL: Aiyah as long as the baby is healthy; it doesn't matter whether it's a girl or boy!

SIL: We're going to have a little princess! Anyway it seems to follow the family trait of having girls as the first born!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


So overall she doesn't seem disappointed and looked genuinely happy about the news, so I took the opportunity and told her the second news:


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CoCo: By the way, my parents would be back for Chinese New Year. And I've asked my mom to be my confinement lady. Are you OK with that?

MIL: Ok, sure!

Cobby: Are you OK with that? Or would you like to be the confinement lady?

MIL: Oh no, no... I wouldn't know what to cook. Besides, your mom has more experience in this. I'll just come over every other day to look at the baby.

CoCo: Sure, sure! You are always welcome!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah~! Actually I've already decided for my Mummy to be my confinement lady, but she said that I should seek consent from my mother-in-law first, so, OK loh, done!

No comments: