Thursday, October 2, 2008

Exciting News~!

Just came back from my Hong Kong trip last week. It was fun definitely, but a little exhausting too! I'll update on that soon...

Guess what??? Just came back from the doctor's check up this morning and this time we had to go for a high resolution scan again. Although we know that the primary objective was to check the physical growth of the baby, we were a little excited too because today is the day we find out if the baby was a little prince or princess!!! Yeeeaaahhh...!

So we waited patiently as the radiographer scanned and checked the length and width of the baby's bones, body, etc. I love to see baby at each check up, baby grows bigger each time! After a very long while, the radiographer suddenly announce, "It's a girl!"

*jaws drop*

IT'S A GIRL!

I KNEW IT! I had an intuition that it's a girl even when my mom and Cobby's mom was predicting that it was a boy. AND I WAS RIGHT! We're gonna have a little girl!

So now we can all address my little princess as "she".... and buy pink stuff... and (groans) think of girl names! I don't know why, but we keep coming up with boy names, so now, it's back to the drawing board!

After the scan we went back to see Dr Kee. He read the scan reports and said that our baby is going to be very tall! Her lengthy bones suggest that she's gonna be a tall girl like her parents... :)

It was a pretty productive day. We also signed up:
The antenatal classes,
The delivery package,
The First Born Incentive card (and got a whole lot of freebies for that)



and even made an appointment with the dentist for checkups.

Later in the day sis called and I told her the news. She was excited naturally and said that according to the Chinese astronomy, having a girl during that time would be like, THE BEST. Think extraordinary, big fortune, great life! Haha.. then dad called shortly after that and he was just as excited too! Saying the girl would have "50 years good luck" and a fantastic life while having a boy would be, ordinary.

What, my girl's gonna be the first female president of Singapore or something? Hahaha...

Anyway, it's always nice to hear people being excited. Cobby's got no class tonight, so I suggested going to his mom's place for dinner and telling her the news. She was kindda expecting a boy, so I hope that she won't be too disappointed about having a granddaughter instead.

No comments: