Thursday, October 9, 2008

Shopping Saturday

Cobby had classes on Saturday morning, so instead of hanging around at home, I left the house together with him that morning and headed to Vivo City while he goes to classes.

I walked passed one of my favourite store, Mother Garden, and they were having a closing down sale! Gasp! So sad! But they were very smart! They returned all the expensive and popular items like the soft toys, cushions, rugs and tables. So the 50% storewide sale items were mostly those without the cute rabbit or seal. But most of the stuff are still quite cute, so I bought some stuff:

2 X Rabbit pens: Original price $6.50 each (for me & sis)
2 X Strawberry pencils: Original price $4.50 each (for me & sis)
1 X Frog stained glass keychain: Original price $6.50 each (for bro)
5 X Small printed face towels: Original price $4.50 each (for princess)
Total costs = $51.00
After 50% discount = $25.50!!! Happy...



After a happy buy I settled down at the outdoor lounge of the Gloria Jean's Cafe. It is super nice there loh! The seats are very comfy and I spent the next few hours there, drinking tea, nibbling on a buttery croissant, reading papers and enjoying the view of Sentosa as the sea breeze was softly blowing. SHIOK~

I was well rested as I headed off towards the Mothercare store nearby. I nearly went crazy resisting the urge to buy all the little pink baby clothes! Oh gosh they were so adorable!!! But it's still a little early for clothes, so MUST RESIST!

I also checked out the baby bottle prices. Many magazines recommend this brand, Tommee Tippee, so naturally I would think that it would be more expensive. But surprisingly, the price is about the same as the more commonly known brands! So I've decided to use Tommee Tippee bottles.



But since I'm planning to breast feed my princess as long as possible, bottles are not urgently needed. Perhaps a baby shower gift from friends? Haha... I think I should start a baby wish list!

Hopped over to Harbourfront cause Mothercare recently opened a flagship store there, and it was big! I loved the cots there, but the ones at Kaki Bukit was cheaper. They've also got a wide variety of baby supplies there! Even maternity clothings! After shopping around Cobby met me there and I wanted to buy a baby bathtub there but I wasn't too satisfied with the designs we see, so we've decided to think about it first. So after a very long while we left the store with just a pack of maternity bras. Haha... tough customers huh.

There's a storage store just next door and we ended up buying a drawer organiser and a paper towel holder! This is our very 1st paper towel holder since we moved in 2005! Haha...



After lunch we went back to the Mothercare store at Vivo and bought a packet of baby wipes. (The one at Harbourfront doesn't come in 80 sheets mah... Besides, after being nagged to death by sis in HK, I've promised to buy something for the baby every weekend)

We left for Thomson Medical Centre to pick up my calcium pills. But oops! I think the clinics only operate half days on Saturdays as I walked through the ghost town-like hospitals. All the clinics are closed! Sigh~ We'll just have to come back on Monday...

After thinking about it for MONTHS, Cobby finally decided to buy a new handphone. So we drove to the M1 shop at Bugis Junction and got him a brand new shiny Nokia E71.



He was super happy as he fiddled with his new toy for the next few days. Even more so when he got to show it off to his admiring friends in class. Haha... he's so cute...

We ate dinner at the Ministry of Food and then went to the car show at Suntec. We go every year, so this year shouldn't be an exception! Unfortunately... THIS YEAR'S CAR SHOW SUCKS BIG TIME!!!

There's the Nissan GTR, which is deliciously gorgeous, and there was the... the... THAT'S IT! NO MORE! It's so pathetic I didn't even take a single picture of me. Sigh... Total waste of our $8.00!!!

So ends another very full and exhausting day. We didn't plan to go to so many places and buy so many things, but I guess sometimes things just happens! Haha..

No comments: