Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Dinner with Girlfriends

Met up with two old friends for dinner on Saturday, minus the husbands! Haha, it was great, catching up with Gillin and Chew Bee. The last time I saw them was during Gil's daughter's 1 year old birthday party. And now the baby girl is almost 2 years old! Time flies huh...

Chew Bee is still the same, single and available... Honestly, she's quite pretty and very nice and sweet, it's just that she's not the super outgoing type and it doesn't help that her job is a little demanding. In other words, she doesn't have a life after work - anybody got nice guys to recommend? Hehe... hope she doesn't read this.

Anyway like I said, it was a really nice evening. We ate dinner at Plaza Singapura's Thai Express, and then we just sat there and chatted for hours. No husbands, no children, no distractions. Shiok!

So many things have happened over the past few months! People were engaged, married, pregnant and some just gave birth. Some family members had passed away; one had heart attack and even a case of cancer. An ex-colleague even had a motorbike accident which crashed and burned, leaving her with burns on her body that needed skin grafting and I heard that she's still walking with a limp. Like I said, so much has happened!

Hearing stories like these really shock you and reminds you to count your blessings...

Being a mother of two, Gillin also gave me alot of good advice on the road to motherhood. I had so much to ask, so much frustrations and concerns to vent, but there seemed to be nobody around with experience to listen to and understand. So I felt so much better after that night out with the ladies. Well I had to be sensitive to Chew Bee too, so I try to divert the conversations every now and then to topics that don't involve husbands and children.

After sitting in the restaurant for so long, we walked around Plaza Sing before finally saying our goodbyes. It was a real tiring day for me, but I felt great. I guess that, as much as I love Cobby, spending every waking hour with him would eventually drive me crazy. So I should remember to set aside some time for my girlfriends once in a while if I want to keep my sanity.

3 Cheers to girlfriends~!

No comments: