Sunday, December 14, 2008

Baby Check Up - Update!

Just an update, went for check up on 11 Dec. I weight a whopping 75kg! Phew... the last check up, which was 3 weeks ago, I was only 72kg! So compared to my first appointment, I've gained about 12kg already. With another 2 months to go before my due date, I'm definitely gonna exceed my acceptable weight gain, which is, well, between 12-13kg. Oops...

Anyway, back to the check up! Everything is fine, baby Jolie has gained another 500g to weight about 2kg. She's in a sitting position right now, sitting like a Princess on her throne inside my belly. Dr Kee said that by the next appointment, which is in 2 weeks, she should be upside down position, getting ready! Phew... So exciting! Can't imagine that we are already 8 months pregnant!

But now I'm feeling a little stressed, hopefully baby would be a good girl and turn, because I really don't want to have a Cesarean! I wonder if I should do something, like stand on my head or something to help her turn. I mean, isn't it kindda squeazy inside to turn upside down? Hmm... dunno...

I also did a swap test and a little blood test. The swap test was fine, but the nurses commented that my blood count was a little low. Eventhough I'm already taking the iron supplements, the baby could be taking alot of my blood, so maybe I should take more iron rich food stuff to boost my blood count!

Next appointment would be on boxing day, 26 Dec. The frequency has reduced from monthly, to every 3 weeks, and now to every 2 weeks. By Jan, I would have to see Dr Kee once a week till I'm due! The countdown has began!

No comments: